Senior Director, Software Quality
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, to work together in person, and teams can choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Senior Director, Software Quality will lead our Software Quality Organization. The ideal candidate will be a customer obsessed, strategic thinker with a passion for Software Quality and building best in class QA strategies and methodologies into our processes. We are looking for a leader who won’t just drive the Software Quality Organization, but also raise the bar on quality across all of SimpliSafe.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Recruit, grow, manage, and inspire a collaborative, efficient, and happy team.
- Be the quality champion and drive a culture of excellence in Software Quality
- Create the tools and processes necessary to deliver the highest quality software possible
- Define how we organize to deliver quality in software leveraging our internal teams and outsourcing partners
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase operational efficiency and productivity.
- Partner with Customer Experience to ensure the quality throughout the customer journey
- Partner with software leaders to develop processes and strategies for producing new features and products that delight our customers.
- Coach team members on software development skills, leadership responsibilities and help guide their professional development to grow their careers.
- Inspire your team to achieve our Every Home Secure mission
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or comparable experience
- Experience leading and building large quality engineering organizations.
- Expertise in software development lifecycle, testing methodologies and testing tools
- Experience with full stack software testing across multiple areas including services, mobile, web and embedded systems.
- Understanding of agile development process and DevOps practices.
- Knowledge of connected IoT systems and infrastructure.
- Expertise with one of more public clouds (AWS strongly preferred)
- Respect and understanding of other disciplines; including Industrial Design, User Experience, Product Development, Quality and Manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and develop teams quickly, attract and retain talent, and implement and sustain impactful business change processes.
- A passion for the consumer and Every Home Secure
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “No job too small” attitude and an open, inclusive, and humble style.
- One Team - A highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to the full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.