Senior Director, AI, Machine Learning, and Camera Vision
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, to work together in person, and teams can choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, this Senior Director will lead our Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Computer Vision (CV) Organization.
We are looking for a visionary leader who can drive innovation, design, and development of our AI/ML/CV initiatives. This position will require strategic thinking, technical expertise, and the ability to motivate and lead a high-performing team.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Partner with our executive team to develop and execute our AI/ML/CV Organizations strategic vision, goals, and objectives, aligning them with SimpliSafe’s overall mission and business objectives.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities to leverage AI/ML/CV technology to drive innovation and solve complex business problems.
- Manage the AI/ML/CV division's budget, allocate resources effectively, and make data-driven decisions to optimize cost-efficiency.
- Drive the platform and infrastructural requirements for enablement of consumer-facing and internal AI/ML/CV capabilities in the cloud and on-device.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research and advancements in the field of computer vision
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners, vendors, and research organizationsSet technical standards and best practices across SimpliSafe in the use of AI/ML/CV technologies
- Inspire your team to achieve our Every Home Secure mission
- Lead, manage and mentor a talented team of AI/ML/CV engineers fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture.
- Provide guidance, support, and professional development opportunities to team members.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or comparable experience; Advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience in computer vision or related field
- Respect and understanding of other disciplines; including Industrial Design, User Experience, Product Development, Quality and Manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of computer vision techniques, including object detection, segmentation, tracking, and recognition
- Deep experience developing and productizing cutting edge computer vision techniques
- Deep knowledge of sensors and camera technologies
- A “no job too small” entrepreneurial attitude
- Demonstrated experience working with global teams and with products manufactured outside of the United States
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and develop teams quickly, attract and retain talent, and implement and sustain impactful business change processes.
- A passion for the consumer and Every Home Secure
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We wholeheartedly embrace and actively seek applications from all individuals, no matter how they identify. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we believe our work is enriched when we incorporate a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We want everyone who works here to thrive and contribute to not only our mission of keeping every home secure, but also to making our workplace safe and supportive for others. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.