Sr. UX Designer
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no-ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesdays or Wednesdays and Thursdays, to work together in person, and teams can choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why Are We Hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You'll Do
SimpliSafe is seeking a Senior UX Designer to join our growing Design team. In this role, you will help define our next generation of SimpliSafe branded home security products. You will be the lead of a key product area or initiative leading the innovation and design work cross-functionally with product, engineering, customer experience, and marketing partners to influence and contribute to our latest hardware UX and app experiences to deliver engaging services across all platforms.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Work collaboratively with a team of designers, researchers, product managers, developers, and stakeholders to define and develop user experiences for our customers
- Work as an UX generalist, an advanced designer, across the spectrum of UX and an expert in some areas between research and visual design
- Join user research in building an understanding of our home security user journey and translate user insights into digital experiences from concepts to high-fidelity prototypes
- Design user-friendly digital products that enhance people’s well-being, meet business needs, and work seamlessly across app and web platforms
- Be the designer responsible for the details and the driving force behind the creativity
- Evolve UI components in the SimpliSafe design system
What You'll Need for Success
- You love to solve real-world problems and have a drive to create unique and delightful designs that are notable in their success
- You work independently, are self-motivated, and provide clarity to ambiguity
- You are curious by nature and have an experimental, learning, and iterative mindset
- You have created products that have successfully shipped
- You focus on users, and you push to consider the voice of the customer in your collaboration with teams
- You strive to be data-informed to measure success in design decision-making to deliver business value
- You help determine what needs to be done, why, and the best way to do it
- You start to coordinate junior designers and/or design partners to work on parts of your projects
- You have a strong visual design sense and can translate brand guidelines into compelling mobile experiences
- You are a systems thinker and love complex questions and use your work to communicate that complexity in simple ways
- You support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of deliverables
- You are optimistic, generative, and open to new ideas and diversity of thought
- You are able to articulate the problem you are solving, communicate your designs, and create a compelling narrative around the work you are doing
- Expertise with a variety of design tools such as Figma, FigJam, Miro, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- You must have an online portfolio that highlights your design thinking and expertise
- Degree in a design and/or human behavior-related field, such as Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial design, Architecture, graphic design, interaction design, Sociology, Communication, Information Science, Economics, or Computer Science
- You understand that great user experiences go beyond the digital screen and you have experience working with experiences at the intersection of hardware, software, and service design
- You love to get into the details and leave no stone unturned in ensuring your design ideas are solid and have the best chance of becoming real and desirable
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.