Technical Escalation Specialist
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, to work together in person, and teams can choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do
The Technical Escalation Specialist will provide high-level technical assistance to our customers across the country. This team is responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting software/hardware problems in a timely manner, and providing an exceptional customer experience during every call.
This position will require walking customers through complex troubleshooting steps for hardware and software issues, and will often include assisting customers in the installation of specific applications and programs. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, the Tech Specialist team will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
We are building a team of empathetic technical experts who are capable of handling complex issues with a high level of urgency and care. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair/debug complex product/service issues
- Respond to situations that first-line product support is unable to isolate/resolve
- Escalate more complex issues that point to potential hardware/software malfunctions to Engineering/Design teams
- Help to create new training materials and/or troubleshooting steps in order to address identified gaps in existing agent-facing content
- Assist in creating internal communication updates regarding identified problems and subsequent fixes
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or 2 years of experience in a technical role
- 1 years of customer service experience
- Strong aptitude for technical troubleshooting & root cause identification
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Persistence to see a problem through to completion
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required)
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.