Sr. Security Engineer (Data Governance)
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do
Working with our Privacy and Legal teams, our Security team is responsible for securing sensitive data across the organization. We are looking for an experienced data security professional who can strategically create, organize, and enforce data security policies and practices to secure SimpliSafe data while enabling the business to innovate and grow.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Developing and maintaining relevant data security policies and procedures
- Establishing secure guidelines and standards to protect all sensitive data collected, generated, and used by the organization
- Collaborating with the Privacy team to set up and maintain automated data mapping processes
- Maintaining and administering data security software
- Working with various Engineering teams to understand individual data security needs and developing security plans for each
- Minimizing sensitive data access across a variety of data platforms
- Analyze and monitor evolving industry data security standards for relevancy and possible implementation
- Auditing user roles and permissions in existing data stores to minimize data access.
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of experience with a specific focus in data security, with a desired 5 years in the general field of information security
- An update to date knowledge of data encryption, hashing, tokenization, and integrity tools
- A practitioner’s understanding of data privacy and protection regulations
- Knowledge of data platforms, data science, and data analytics principles
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.