Manager, Media Operations
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, to work together in person, and teams can choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the VP of Customer Acquisition, the Manager, Media Operations will serve as a key member of the Acquisition team and manage a wide variety of projects that influence the strategy, plans, and workflows the team utilizes daily.
This role will work closely with paid media and marketing analytics leads to drive customer acquisition strategy setting as well as smooth execution of plans, while also helping identify gaps and solutions between data, insights, and media execution to address over time. The ideal candidate has expertise in connecting media strategy and measurement to the wide variety of media tools/platforms and processes needed to efficiently execute campaigns across a multitude of media channels. They must be able to establish project plans and timelines, take ownership of key project details, put together effective presentations, and facilitate communication with internal teams as well as external vendors at every phase of a project’s planning and execution. Your role will also hold us accountable to deliver on marketing priorities and goals via defined metrics.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Own the day-in, day-out operations of our core team processes:
- Bring structure and ensure delivery of annual plans (AOP), quarterly and monthly plan updates, and other initiatives by establishing clear objectives and goals, creating project plans, identifying and communicating with key stakeholders, assigning responsibilities, establishing deadlines, and keeping the team on track for deliverables
- Facilitate materials preparation for other recurring and ad hoc internal and external meetings such as Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), executive updates, media performance deep dives and share-outs, monthly creative briefings, team weeklies, lunch & learns, and cross-team collaboration sessions.
- Partner with the VP and Acquisition team leads to establish quarterly team goals and continually prioritize projects that will provide the greatest potential return
- Aid team in identifying and vetting new vendors and solutions
- Lead media vendor onboarding and manage on-going vendor relationships
- Work both internally and externally to shepherd contractual documents through proper submission, review, negotiation, and approval processes
- Ensure proper set-up in our internal systems and that vendors follow established processes for invoice submission
- Own key cross-Acquisition team initiatives such as Refer A Friend, Movers, and First Responders, partnering with various team members as required for planning, execution, and measurement
- Assist team members as needed on other cross-functional/cross-channel projects such as media placement audits and brand safety reviews
- Partner with Analytics team members to identify, establish, and manage optimal views of performance data, competitive intelligence, and marketing trends in order to drive more timely and actionable decisioning and optimization
- Ensure strong communication and smooth collaboration between Acquisition team and other teams both within Marketing (e.g. Brand and creative, eComm, etc.) and outside of Marketing (e.g. Procurement, Finance, Legal, CX, etc.); represent Acquisition team in larger projects involving stakeholders outside our team
- Work in conjunction with all Acquisition team members to organize and centralize all important documentation, materials, and resources into our team shared folders
- Clear roadblocks on how we operate and find the efficient path to getting things done
What You'll Bring
- The candidate must have a proven track record of problem-solving, demonstrating an entrepreneurial mindset, working in ambiguous environments, exhibiting agility, and being cross-functionally balanced
- Strong organization and project tracking skills are a must
- Deep understanding of the media ecosystem required
- Experience with multiple data sources in media activation and harnessing that data to drive insights and recommendations is required
- Ability to prepare presentations appropriate for all organizational levels with little oversight is highly desired
- Experience in creating and implementing media strategy is preferred
- Experience working with media partners (e.g. Google, Meta, etc.) is preferred
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.