Director, Finance & Special Projects
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, to work together in person, and teams can choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do
- The Director of Finance & Special Projects will report directly to the CFO
- Lead and execute on key strategic projects for the CFO and Finance organization
- Develop and execute the evaluation, financial, and operational strategy for mergers, acquisitions, and divestiture projects. Advises and evaluates deal rationale, financial projections, risk assessment, and financial implications
- Analyzes and recommends optimal capital structure alternatives and oversees treasury operations. Supports and manages financial structure, negotiating and executing financing transactions including bank facilities, as needed, and, manages relationships with lenders and banks
- If necessary, help the Company navigate the IPO process from start to finish; including preparing financial statements and regulatory filings to coordinating with underwriters and institutional investors
- Liaison with Hellman & Friedman (our financial sponsor) and assist with the preparation of Board/committee presentations and other investor/stakeholder presentations
- Oversee ongoing maintenance and development of financial model, including forecasting and multi-year projections; perform scenario analysis to support in financial decision making
- Responsible for ensuring effective financial decision making and team efficiency, through the collection, organization and synthesis of data, and cross-functional facilitation of key financial information
- Track key performance metrics (KPIs) and monitor status of key initiatives across finance and capital projects
- Ad hoc finance special projects as needed
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field; MBA preferred
- 8-10 years of progressive finance experience including a chief of staff, similar strategic support role in finance or investment banking
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of financial management principles
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management abilities, with a focus on detail and follow-through
- Able to drive projects forward, provide structure to ambiguity, and resourceful in finding the right information and stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Strong business acumen and the ability to grasp complex concepts quickly
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.