Director, Global Internal Audit & Advisory
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we strive to build an environment where our associates are in the driver’s seat of their professional development, while having access to help along the way. We encourage everyone to pursue passions and take ownership of their careers. With the support of colleagues and mentors, our associates are given the tools needed to get where they want to go. Regardless of job titles, our associates have the opportunity to learn new things and be a leader every day.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
The ideal candidate will be a leader who possesses strong audit experience surrounding compliance and operations. This will be a hands-on role to work with GAA Associates and process owners. In addition to having a strong audit background, candidates must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to interface across all levels within the organization, including co-sourcing third party providers, peers in compliance, operational leaders, regulators, external auditors, and the Audit & Compliance Committee. A combination of both corporate and public accounting experience is preferred.
This position will report functionally to the SVP, Chief Audit Executive in our Chicago corporate office and will work closely with other GAA directors on strategic projects and enterprise-wide initiatives. The successful candidate will be a visionary thinker capable of leading while also coaching GAA teams. The candidate will demonstrate drive, intelligence, maturity, and energy and will be a proven change leader.
Given the emphasis on talent development, the candidate will also have a passion for managing and developing people. The candidate will possess a high degree of business acumen to effectively interact with the operating leaders in the business units. Currently, this role will involve minimal travel.
What You'll Bring:
- Combined minimum 12 years of internal audit experience in Financial Services, Banking, Consumer Compliance in Big Four firm, preferred.
- Experience and working knowledge with U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Professional certifications highly preferred (i.e., CPA, CIA and CFE).
- Solid knowledge of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and SOX.
- Experience interacting with Federal and State Regulators.
- Experience with applying and leveraging data analytics in the audit process.
- Audit professional who displays exceptional leadership abilities and is results-oriented.
- Must possess excellent project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams working on key projects in the US and internationally.
- This is a hybrid position and involves regular performance of job responsibilities virtually as well as in-person at an assigned TransUnion office location for a minimum of two days a week.
Impact You'll Make:
- Performing risk assessments that lead to the annual audit plan. Oversee the preparation / development and execution of risk-based audit programs that clearly define the objective and scope of each review, employing critical thinking and appropriate testing methodologies.
- Reviewing internal processes and providing independent assurance that governance, risk management and internal control processes are adequate and are operating effectively.
- Preparing audit reports and monthly internal audit open items report to key stakeholders.
- Providing advisory services that include training, systems development reviews, facilitating control self-assessments, and providing advice on improvements in internal control procedures to enhance effectiveness and assurance.
- Preparing quarterly internal audit summary reports and presentations for the Audit & Compliance and Committee of the Board.
- Assisting the Board and Audit & Compliance Committee in ensuring that key internal controls over Operational activities and Compliance to data privacy laws and regulations are designed appropriately operating satisfactorily as per regulatory requirements.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in the internal control environment and regulatory requirements in key TU markets including US, UK, LATAM and India.
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:Director, Audit and Advisory