Internal Communications Events & Operations Manager
Join the team as Twilio’s next Internal Communications Events & Operations Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to manage employee-facing events and operations for Internal Communications, a team of seven highly-respected communicators. The Twilion in this role will have a passion for helping create large, virtual events that engage and delight employees. They must be highly organized and skilled at logistics and operations, such as creating and improving processes and using data to better understand our employees and measure programs. They will be responsible for technical administration of our digital tools, plus a number of other operational duties to support our team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage all logistics for virtual quarterly company all hands and VP meetings, including:
- Polishing and proofing speaker slides
- Ensuring all speakers are prepared
- Liaising with Twilio’s AV team to ensure a smooth Zoom meeting
- Tracking attendance metrics and trends
- Managing post event polling, analysis, and summaries for the executive team
- Driving all communications surrounding the event, e.g. calendar invites, promotional emails, and Slack posts
- Manage the calendar of company events owned by our team, closely partnering with the executive team’s executive assistants to align schedules
- Manage the technical administration and vendor relationships for key tools, including Slido, Staffbase, and Polly. This will involve providing support to users company wide and continually evaluating whether the tool and vendor are meeting our needs
- Manage admin of company-wide and other key email groups and Slack channels owned by Internal Communications
- Monitor and respond to Internal Communications related questions and requests from employees via our ServiceNow ticketing system
- Assist with keeping content updated across numerous channels and formats, such as our office digital screens, company intranet, team templates and process documents, and self-service guides for our stakeholders
- Build and distribute our weekly company-wide newsletter
- Maintain an analytics dashboard to better understand how our digital channels (e.g. email and intranet) are used, enabling us to reach employees more effectively
- Assist with administration of our semi-annual survey to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and how we can improve
- Manage all purchase orders and contracts for our team’s vendors and assist the team leader with budget tracking
- Assist with planning and execution of twice yearly team offsites and other ad hoc team gatherings
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years experience with virtual events and operations
- Zoom proficiency
- Tool management (email, intranet, Slack, etc.) management experience, e.g., managing users and new user training, maintaining templates, and troubleshooting issues with IT
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Able to connect the dots and solve problems
- Proactive with sense of urgency
- Adaptable, thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Calm under pressure
- Loves building relationships and being part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable working closely with executives and their teams
- Slack and Google Workspace proficiency
- Experience with the ServiceNow ticketing system
- Content Management System (CMS) experience; experience with Unily a plus
- Video editing capabilities
- Data analytics capabilities
This role will be remote based in the U.S. with an expectation to work Pacific hours and travel to team offsite meetings approximately 3-4 times a year.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $90,320 - $112,900.
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $95,680 - $119,600.
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: 106,240 - $132,800.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.