Regional Vice President, New Business - North America
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Regional Vice President, New Business - North America on Twilio’s Communications Platform team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to lead our New Business team in North America. As the Regional VP, you will be responsible for leading a team of front line managers, account executives, and sales development representatives responsible for the acquisition of new customers to Twilio’s market leading Communications Platform. Reporting to the VP of North America, you will play a key role in the growth and expansion of Twilio’s Communications Platform business.
In this role, you will be responsible for establishing a multi-year strategy for developing a world class acquisition function that expands Twilio’s footprint with leading Mid-Market and Enterprise companies across industry verticals, building sales process and structure, collaborating with product and marketing, and developing a world class team. Leveraging your deep market expertise in CPAAS and experience building and leading successful new business teams, you will make a lasting impact on the growth of Twilio’s largest products in our largest market.
If you are a leader who believes deeply in building inclusive and anti-racist environments, allowing employees from all backgrounds to contribute, grow and prosper, we’d love to hear from you. As a senior leader, you must be a visible advocate and champion for our values, the Twilio Magic, helping build Twilio’s brand as an inclusive and diverse employer both internally and within the communities of our hubs. You must believe a diverse team, from the top down, allows all employees to achieve their full potential and as a result will allow Twilio to reach our goals, collectively.
In this role, you’ll:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Our prospective customers xare often application owners, software engineering leaders, product managers, entrepreneurs, and line of business owners. You must love talking to all types of customers about building their businesses and helping them drive innovation across many different types of use cases centered around how our customers communicate with their customers - albeit email, Messaging, and voice.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will manage a team of 2 front line managers responsible for 18-20 account executives and SDRs. You will support your team by establishing a clear and thoughtful new business strategy, build and progress pipeline, work across functions to execute complex deals and lead strategic prospect and customer meetings. You will conduct weekly 1:1’s with your team members, provide tactical and strategic deal guidance, motivation, and career development.
- BE AN OWNER: You are customer focused, metrics driven, embrace a consultative sales philosophy, and are passionate about helping your team succeed.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Run a disciplined forecast, consistently overachieve on goals, and present guidance to executive management
- DON’T SETTLE: Hire and lead an A-team of managers, account executives, and SDRs to deliver on new business sales results every quarter.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years of solutions selling experience at a software company, 5+ years of experience in CPaaS, and 3+ years sales management experience running New Business teams.
- A firm understanding of the messaging, voice and email competitive landscape and a structured point of view as to how Twilio can win.
- Experience in defining goals and processes that drive net new business results in an efficient, repeatable manner.
- Ability to evaluate teams, develop and reshape them as necessary while mentoring and inspiring them to drive continually improving results through strong leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels - specifically marketing, product, and operations.
- Bring data driven methodology and quantitative analytical skills, including pipeline management and forecasting
- Excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree and prior work related experience or equivalent
- Masters Degree
This role will be remote but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
Approximately 20% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $220,000- $275,000.
- Based in New York, Washington State, or the San Francisco Bay area, California: $220,000 - $275,000).
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
- This role is eligible to earn commissions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.