Strategic Account Executive
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Strategic Account Executive for High Tech Accounts!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
We are expanding our team and growth within the High Tech Vertical by adding an experienced Strategic Account Executive. Our team is committed to helping our High Tech clients create frictionless engagement experiences for the customers they serve.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage and strategically expand relationships with our High Tech customer accounts.
- Develop, drive, and execute account strategy to consistently deliver strong revenue, gross margin, and gross profit results across your High Tech account portfolio.
- Drive the entire sales process from prospecting to deal closure, including launch.
- Run highly consultative sales cycles with a focus on deep discovery, understanding their business, listening to customer needs and being an effective champion for their point of view in the organization.
- Understand the customer’s technical requirements and map them to the capabilities of Twilio’s communications API platform so that together you can design a solution for their specific use case needs.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the customer organization such as developers, managers, and executives. Our customers are often software engineers, application owners, product managers, line of business executives, VP’s of innovation, omni-channel and digital strategy stakeholders.
- Serve on a cross-functional account team with representatives from product, finance, partners, support, and services teams.
- Run a disciplined forecast, consistently achieve goals, and present guidance to executive management.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of experience in strategic sales with a track record of selling complex technical solutions
- Accountable for relationship management, cross sells, upsells and solutions consulting.
- Comfortable working with business and highly technical leaders, while influencing their understanding and building supportive partnerships.
- Analytical account development strategy based on using data to find opportunities and prove value.
- Demonstrated success by exceeding quota on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrated track record of managing business forecasts and financial models.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with appetite to define processes and build programs.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Creative. Team-player. Eager to deliver excellence.
- Familiarity with Twilio ecosystem of Tools: Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn SalesNav, ZoomInfo, Looker, Tableau, G-Suite, Gong
- Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Experience selling API based solutions
- Deep experience working with telecom companies, including SMS aggregators, carriers, or global communications platforms (CPaaS or PaaS)
- This role will be fully remote, based in the United States.
- Approximately 15% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $99,360.00 - $124,200.00.
- Based in New York, Washington State, or the San Francisco Bay area, California: $110,400.00 - $138,000.00.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
- This role is eligible to earn commissions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.