Transitional Services Associate
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
Robinhood’s Account Servicing team is essential to supporting the growth of Robinhood and supporting our customers at critical points of their relationship with Robinhood.
The team handles various account servicing tasks including assisting customers with their needs in estates, divorce, and power of attorney scenarios.
As the first point of contact for most customers, we value customer understanding, emotional intelligence, and technical expertise.
As an associate on the Estates and Transitional Services team, you’ll serve as the primary point of contact for technical and procedural issues that may arise during estate, POA, and divorce processing.
You will assist customers in resolving Estate and Divorce issues pertaining to Robinhood accounts. This includes answering general inquiries from clients, attorneys, & internal business partners, interpreting legal documentation, mitigating risk to the firm, and reviewing / updating open work items.
The role is located in the office location(s) listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in-office philosophy and expectations.
What you’ll do
- Actively manage cases related to Estates, Divorce, and Power of Attorney, demonstrating a keen understanding of the legal and financial intricacies involved.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams including Margin, Options, Asset Movement, Retirement, Fraud, etc. to ensure seamless coordination and resolution of complex cases.
- Conduct thorough case analysis, applying logical problem-solving skills to isolate and resolve issues efficiently.
- Independently investigate and assess documentation, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, clients, and legal professionals, providing clear updates and resolutions.
- Monitor and track the progress of cases, maintaining meticulous records and documentation.
- Build collaborative relationships with team members to assist in attaining individual, team, and department objectives by participating in projects and initiatives of varying scope and duration as directed by the business.
- Remain on top of industry developments, legal changes, and internal policies to ensure compliance and adaptability.
What you bring
- FINRA Series SIE, 7, & 63 or 66 licensed
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or a related field.
- Proven experience in operations, preferably within the financial or legal sector.
- Strong knowledge of Estates, Divorce, and Power of Attorney processes.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze information comprehensively.
- Familiarity with financial instruments such as margin accounts, options, and retirement products.
- Ability to show empathy when working with customers during difficult periods in their lives
- Proficiency in using relevant software and tools for case management.
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.