Securities Lending Trading Specialist
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
The Securities Lending Trader will support Robinhood’s ambitious growth plans for Securities Finance. They will serve as a domain expert, functional area advisor, and contribute to our business plans for measurable short to mid-term growth. The candidate will drive the scoping and planning of critical projects and help manage their execution. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for presenting new ideas and areas for growth and will influence the direction to take the desk.
The role is located in the office location(s) listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in-office philosophy and expectations.
What you’ll do
- Be the face of RHS to the Street; acting as an account rep, salesperson and ambassador for the firm.
- Constantly collaborate with the Securities Finance Trading Team, and other groups within the organization.
- Adhere to, and remain compliant with Robinhood Securities’ Securities Lending Trading related Written Supervisory Procedures.
- Process Robinhood Securities’ regulatory inquiries, reporting and audits.
- Manage and resolve counterparty relationships and issues at the sales trader level.
- Meet and exceed daily, weekly, monthly and annual revenue targets.
- Manage trade blotter and optimize revenue stream by seeking out, identifying and selling special situation trades and deal stocks to our counterparties.
- Collaborate with finance, brokerage, legal, compliance, product managers and engineers.
What you bring
- 3-5+ years of experience.
- Decisive, nimble, and dynamic approach to trading with the ability to operate in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Engaging personality and excellent relationship management skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements.
- Trustworthy, self-motivated and able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A passion for Robinhood’s product and our mission to democratize access to our Financial System.
What we offer
- Pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.