Head of Privacy
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
Robinhood is looking for an experienced privacy technologist to lead our privacy and data protection team. We are looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility and patience. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and contribute to our mission to democratize our financial system.
The role is located in the office location(s) listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in-office philosophy and expectations.
What you’ll do
- Maintaining subject matter expertise in areas of privacy and data protection laws (including state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws, GDPR and other global privacy and data protection laws) and advise on their impact on Robinhood’s business
- Collaborating with privacy legal to ensure the Privacy program is comprehensive and has incorporated any emerging regulations.
- Engage and partner with Business Operation and Engineering teams to ensure technology solutions are built with appropriate privacy considerations
- Providing advice regarding Robinhood’s systems and how best to make sure that the enterprise is in compliance
- Assisting product in evaluating the impact of privacy and data protection laws, regulatory guidance and enforcement actions, and other related guidelines on product features
- Developing regulatory strategy with global privacy and data protection regulators in connection with new product features and initiatives
- Providing advice and be able to develop data protection policies and procedures enterprise-wide
- Managing internal privacy compliance programs and processes and ensuring we meet our obligations under those programs
What you bring
- 10+ years specializing in financial services privacy law
- Experience with technology and/or financial services companies
- Experience with GDPR, CCPA and other global privacy laws and regulations
- Experience with practical application of privacy control implementations
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry
- International experience
- People management experience
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.