Senior Technical Operations Program Manager
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
Robinhood's Technical Programs Department leads global engineering, quality, and planning initiatives across the business. We are looking for a Senior Technical Operations Manager to help establish how we work together as a 800+ person multi-organization engineering workforce. If you're excited about unlocking the potential of our teams and passionate about how people work together, this may be the role for you.
As a Senior Technical Operations Manager you will partner with managers and executive leaders within Engineering, and throughout Robinhood, to design and run programs that promote communication, unblock teams, and ensure we are building the right things at the right time. You will work with autonomy, understand partner needs, influence through writing and presentations, and collaborate across Robinhood. If this sounds like you, please come join us in our mission to democratize finance for all!
The role is located in the office location(s) listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in-office philosophy and expectations.
What you’ll do
- Help establish program management and development operations for Robinhood Engineering by evaluating existing operations and determine what good looks like, what stays, what goes, and what should we do instead?
- Support Engineering department process, reporting, and recurring business reviews
- Develop clear, responsive, JIRA-based reporting of department resource allocation, velocity, and other execution health metrics
- Unlock information and insights for Program Managers, Product Managers, and Engineering Managers to help teams work smarter, with less repeated work or time spent chasing dependencies
- Work with engineering managers, technical leads, and TPMs to improve their teams' work processes to support Robinhood's global business
- Write business documents, proposals, and reports for department and executive team review
- Serve as an advisor to leaders across engineering and closely partner with counterparts of different Robinhood business lines and their program leadership team for strategically aligned tooling and process matters.
- Maintaining/ refreshing all supporting information, documents related to systems, policies and governance for Technical Programs and the broader engineering department.
- Working closely with other departments within Robinhood, such as legal, compliance, enterprise risk, Internal Audit and security, to ensure cross-organizational alignment on issue tracking and project management standards for engineering.
- Partner with technical program management and directly responsible individuals for areas with complex change management to own all communication related to enterprise management apps for their teams.
What you bring
- Strong in verbal and written communication skills. E.g. Influences leaders and partners from the individual contributor to executive level of organizations
- Prior experience standing up scaled processes from the ground up and iterating on existing software development process
- Background in developing and running programs to support live-ops, always-on software development
- Developed and maintained data-driven project management reporting
- Excitement about bringing definition to ambiguous problems
- 5+ years of experience working with JIRA as an admin or power user
- 6+ years of program management, project management, or operations management experience in software or tech
- Direct experience with consumer web software development as a program manager, project manager, or operations manager
- Could be described as a JIRA Expert
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $136000 - $160000
US Zone 2: $120000 - $141000
US Zone 3: $106000 - $125000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Washington, D.C.
US Zone 2: Denver, CO; Westlake (Dallas), TX; Chicago, IL
US Zone 3: Lake Mary, FL
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.