Senior Technical Program Manager, Data Governance & Safety
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
The role is located in the office location(s) listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in-office philosophy and expectations.
Robinhood is looking for a privacy-passionate Technical Program Manager to join the Data Governance & Safety team.
The team works with teams across Robinhood to ensure our products and services protect user and business data by designing architectures, tools, and features that make Robinhood’s data collection, storage and processing safe and secure throughout the data lifecycle.
You will serve as a technical advocate for our environment, working closely with the both technical (Engineering, Security) and non-technical (Legal, Compliance) teams to establish designs, track projects, and quantify results for the team at Robinhood. You will not only support industry-vetted Data Governance & Safety solutions, but become a part of driving a vision and innovative ideas to implementation as the company evolves and grows.
Your work will ensure data governance, data privacy, and data security are foundational in everything we do at Robinhood.
What you'll do
- Support the technical environment that allows us to deliver Data Governance & Safety solutions to our internal and external partners. This includes discovery and documentation of the ways that data is collected, processed, and stored across our products and infrastructure to ensure our data collection and usage practices are secure by design, protect user privacy, and mitigate risk
- Partner with, and act as a bridge between, technical and non-technical teams, including Engineering, Product, Compliance, and Legal to ensure data governance, data privacy, and data security requirements are well understood and implemented
- Drive alignment and execution of cross functional initiatives
- Prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple projects simultaneously; ability to work against aggressive schedules and shifting priorities
- Collaborate with a broad range of technical and non-technical teams
- Advocate for data governance, data security, and data privacy solutions and identify innovative opportunities to advance our posture
What you bring
- 4+ years of work experience in engineering, data governance, data privacy, or data security programs
- Experience establishing relationships and influencing technical and non-technical partner teams
- Process design and process improvement experience
- Experience in data governance, data security, and data privacy principles or technologies: data discovery, tagging, classification, and inventory; data obfuscation techniques (encryption, pseudonymization, tokenization); data anonymization; data access control design and implementation / identity and access management (IAM); data encryption; data recovery, data loss prevention; scanning and alerting
- Experience working with compliance regulations and frameworks such as GDPR, CCPA, NIST CSF, etc.
Additionally, any of the following would be quite beneficial:
- IAPP privacy certifications (e.g., CIPP, CIPM, CIPT)
- Project management certifications (e.g., PMP)
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Finance and portfolio trading
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $166000 - $195000
US Zone 2: $146000 - $172000
US Zone 3: $129000 - $152000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Washington, D.C.
US Zone 2: Denver, CO; Westlake (Dallas), TX; Chicago, IL
US Zone 3: Lake Mary, FL
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.