Fraud Detection and Prevention Senior Lead
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team + role
The Fraud Detection and Prevention Senior Lead is responsible for developing, managing, monitoring and continuously optimizing fraud detection strategies, rules and procedures. You'll also partner with data modeling and fraud operations teams, and leverage 3rd party and in-house capabilities to detect and deter fraud related to Robinhood products (Brokerage, Money, Crypto).
What you’ll do
- Analyze data to discover novel ways to detect fraud
- Work with Fraud Operations, Data Science, and Engineering to develop features and implement fraud rules
- Optimize fraud rules to ensure effectiveness and impact (e.g. balance fraud losses against operational efficiency and customer friction)
- Develop fraud dashboards to monitor fraud rule performance
- Partner with card networks and payment processors to enhance fraud detection techniques
- Leverage 3rd party fraud detection services to compliment in-house processes
- Summarize high level fraud trends, behavior patterns, and financial metrics in both informal (ad-hoc meetings, Slack) and formal (presentations) deliverables
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related field
- 7+ years experience in Risk and/or Fraud detection
- 5+ years of hands-on SQL experience
- Proficient experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Proven understanding of analytical techniques like unsupervised learning, pattern recognition, and statistical analysis on fraud datasets
- Proficient experience in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker etc.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, experience working with cross-functional teams, including operations, data science, product, and engineering teams
What we offer:
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $174000 - $205000
US Zone 2: $153000 - $180000
US Zone 3: $136000 - $160000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.