Governance Senior Specialist, Financial Crimes
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team + role
The Financial Crimes Risk & Control Team (FCRC), part of Financial Crimes Governance, supports the enterprise Financial Crimes program by managing many of the critical risk oversight components of the program including; issue and exam management, change management, risk assessments, and training.
As a Financial Crimes Governance Senior Specialist within the Financial Crimes Risk & Control Team, you’ll play a crucial role in ensuring a proper framework is in place to support the firm’s AML, KYC (CIP, CDD and EDD) and Sanctions Programs by supporting the ongoing risk assessment and issue management efforts across Financial Crimes and relevant stakeholder teams.
What you’ll do
- Manage the Financial Crimes Issue Management process by working with various collaborators to ensure action plans are implemented, documented, and reported to senior leadership on a regular cadence
- Support the execution of a wide-array of risk assessments including: Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA), Enterprise-wide, and legal entity specific, Financial Crimes (AML/Sanctions/ABC) Risk Assessments, Product Risk Assessments and Country Risk Assessments
- Coordinate with Financial Crimes Leadership to ensure completion of the periodic updates and attestations, including supporting the teams in updating any processes, policies & procedures, or controls that are identified
- As needed, will also provide backup support for other Risk and Control team functions, which include: Training, Regulatory Requests, Change Management, Program Administration (i.e. Policy and Procedure updates) and Third Party Risk Management
- Assist in periodic risk reporting including Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), Issue Management, and other ad-hoc deliverables, as the need arises
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, in a related field
- 5+ years working in Financial Crimes / Anti-Money Laundering and/or an Anti-Bribery & Corruption related compliance function
- 3+ years of experience working in a program management position with exposure to risk frameworks i.e. processes, controls, risk assessment at a financial services institution
- Subject matter expert in Issue Management experience, particularly dealing with issues tied to regulatory matters
- Experience communicating with cross-functional partners and multiple levels of management / leadership
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $115000 - $135000
US Zone 2: $101000 - $119000
US Zone 3: $89000 - $105000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.