Financial Services Senior Analyst
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is hiring a Financial Services Senior Analyst to support the expansion and scale of Ripple’s expanding product offering. This role reports to the Senior Director of Financial Services. In this role you will work closely with key internal stakeholders, including Markets, Risk, Treasury and Legal teams in order to support Ripple’s global, 24x7 business operations. You will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of operational support for the business including reconciliation, trade support, exception processing, funding and settlement. This individual will be responsible for building processes, systems setup, development of settlement instructions, and ongoing management for transactions while ensuring that our risk management framework, policies and procedures are met.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with other areas in Finance and Operations to ensure timely settlement of crypto and fiat funds
- Reconcile positions and balances for various business operations
- Work closely with the Ripple Trading and Markets team to monitor intraday trading and settlement activity
- Understand risks and requirements for various types of collateral, including cryptocurrencies to ensure quick responses to market activity and exceptions
- Develop systems to process bookkeeping entries to reflect product and operational activities within Ripple’s systems of record
- Become an expert in the existing finance operational flows by working with key stakeholders to document existing processes
- Support a globally distributed customer base for our 24x7 product offerings, including supporting customer activity on weekends and holidays
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 4+ years of hands-on operations, clearing and settlement experience, including reconciliation
- Experience with monitoring venues and systems in real-time to uncover and resolve exceptions, breaks and escalations
- High attention to detail with the ability to problem solve and remain organized in a dynamic environment
- Self-driven with a passion for efficiency and continuous improvement
- Experience with implementing off the shelf and in-house solutions
- High proficiency in Google and Microsoft office applications, including Excel and VBA
- Broad understanding of markets and instruments (cleared, OTC, crypto, derivatives)
- Understanding of different regulatory regimes and standards
- Experience in collateral management and executing sell-outs/close-outs is a plus
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is a plus
- Experience with SQL and writing queries for daily operations is a plus
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: in-office collaboration for moments that matter is important to our culture, and we give managers and teams the flexibility to decide which days they come in.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.