Staff Full Stack Engineer, Client Engagement
As a Staff Full-Stack Engineer at Ridgeline, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build high-quality, complex, FinTech industry-defining cloud applications for our Client Engagement solutions. Our team of engineers are building from scratch, using cutting edge technologies in a fast-moving, creative and progressive work environment. You’ll think outside the box and add your own genius, passion and unique perspective every step of the way.
Ridgeline Client Engagement is the entry into the Ridgeline suite of applications for client and portfolio onboarding and partner relationships, providing an investor 360 view and lightweight service automation. Ridgeline Revenue Management (RM) is a complementary application for fee calculations, invoicing and revenue analytics, while Client Portal (CP) is a tightly-coupled landing spot for the clients of our customers to view transactions, performance data and documents related to their portfolio(s).
As a member of the Ridgeline RM or CP teams, you will be building innovative solutions on a forward-looking tech stack, making a big impact on a small team, helping to shape our culture and being part of the Ridgeline success story. Our teams aim to leave a legacy in an investment management industry that is primed for the next evolution of products.
- Be involved in the entire SDLC, from the inception of requirements and design reviews with our customer success, product management and design teams, through the implementation of new products
- Contribute your extensive technical and architectural knowledge to an Agile team collaborating on strategy, design, engineering and testing
- Demonstrate a strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence through the creation of unit/contract/integration tests and robust logging/monitoring
- Impact our developing tech stack based on modern frameworks and cost-efficient utilization of AWS services
- Participate in the creation of automation that promotes scalable, high-quality applications that our customers will depend on to run their business
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions and communicate clearly
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching and transparency
- Coach, mentor and inspire your teammates
Required Skills & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Science or related discipline
- 8+ years full-stack engineering experience
- Backend: JAVA and/or Kotlin as Microservices using Docker
- Transport: REST/JSON APIs, GraphQL, Kafka
- Platform: AWS
- Deployment: CI/CD, IaC (Terraform)
- Logging/Monitoring: Datadog, PagerDuty
- Demonstrated mastery of data structures, algorithms and architectural patterns
- Experience writing scalable/performant code that manages high volume numerical data and generated values where precision was essential
- Strong history of overseeing the technical implementation of new products, through cross-functional partnership with customer, product, design, platform and engineering teams
- Willingness to learn about new technologies, while simultaneously developing expertise in a business domain/problem space
- Ability to focus on short-term deliverables, while maintaining a big-picture perspective
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues at all levels and all audiences
- Experience working on Agile teams
- Working ChatGPT knowledge
- Experience with investment/asset management, CRM and/or invoicing applications
- Background in finance or economics
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary tech entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to apply his successful formula of solving operational business challenges with bold innovation and human connectivity to the unique needs of the investment management industry.
Ridgeline started with a clean sheet of paper and a deep bench of experts bound by a set of core values and motivated to revolutionize an industry underserved by its current tech offerings. We are building a new, modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry and we are prioritizing security, agility, and usability to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, NV and Manhattan, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, Glassdoor, and Northern Nevada as a “Best Place to Work” and by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Compensation and Benefits
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan subject to the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.