Ridgeline is a dynamic and innovative enterprise software company on the cutting edge of technology. At a pre-revenue stage, we are poised for exponential growth in the coming years. We are seeking a Vice President of Finance to lead our Financial Planning & Analytics and Accounting business units and steer our leadership’s financial strategy to success.
As the VP of Finance at Ridgeline, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the financial landscape of our organization. You will oversee all financial operations, develop and implement financial strategies with leaders across the business, and build the Finance team to support our growth and profitability objectives. If you love decision-making and driving outcomes in an entrepreneurial environment with rapid change, we are excited to talk to you.
What will you do?
- Lead the Finance function, including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, revenue cycle management, financial reporting, regulatory compliance, risk management, and purchasing.
- Develop and execute financial strategies to support our growth phase and beyond.
- Collaborate closely with the executive team to make informed decisions regarding capital allocation, fundraising, equity strategy, sales operation, and financial planning.
- Drive financial planning and analysis, including modeling and scenario planning to support strategic decision-making.
- Establish relationships with external stakeholders, including investors, financial institutions, and auditors.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant financial regulations and reporting requirements.
- Manage and mentor a high-performing finance team, fostering a culture of transparency, continuous improvement, and professional development.
- Provide regular financial updates and insights to the CEO, executive leadership team, and board of directors.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field; MBA/CPA/CFA or advanced degree preferred
- Proven experience progressing into a senior financial leadership role over 10+ years, preferably in an enterprise SaaS company, including hypergrowth Series A-D stages
- Possess a "player-coach" mindset, capable of diving into the details to build financial models, dashboards, and reports from scratch, while also demonstrating the ability to lead, scale, and develop direct reports
- In partnership with HR and IT leadership, responsible for assembling the cross-functional team to ensure seamless Workday implementation, with accountability for the entire implementation lifecycle, from project planning and scoping to testing, training, and post-implementation support.
- Sound judgment with a high level of integrity to execute with significant financial impact
- Knowledge of relevant financial regulations and compliance standards with experience leading audit program
- Experience with IPO and venture capital financing preferred
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Compensation and Benefits
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan subject to the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.