Technical Enablement Manager
Nearly every company in the world runs on custom business software: Gartner estimates that up to 50% of all code is written for internal usage. This is the operational software for refunding orders, underwriting loans, moderating content, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, onboarding employees, analyzing transactions, providing customer support…the list is nearly endless. For most companies, building and maintaining all of these tools demands a lot of engineering time—scarce, expensive resources better put to use on customer-facing products.
At Retool, we’re designing a new type of development environment that makes it dramatically faster and easier to build all of this software. Retool unifies the ease of visual programming with the power of code, while abstracting away the tedious and repetitive tasks of development. We believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster and build a lot more software. It’s akin to a new version of Visual Basic, HyperCard, or Flash—with a bit of Figma and some future-of-programming vibes thrown on top. Today, our customers span from small startups building their first operational tools, to Fortune 500 companies building mission-critical apps for thousands of users across their business.
WHY WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU:
We are looking for an individual who can lead and partner in the technical enablement of our customer experience team. The goal is to make our CX team self-sufficient in supporting customers in successfully activating the Retool platform for POCs, thus shortening the overall sales cycle. This enablement will focus on the core Retool architecture in its current form and as it evolves/expands over time to support more use cases.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with Customer Experience (CX) on defining bespoke journeys for SEs, TAMs, and PS.
- Leverage Workramp and Docusaurs to create compelling educational material (guides/labs/videos).
- Distill complex topics such as container orchestration, public cloud, and security best practices into consumable information.
- Engage with Customer Experience on new content/topics every month.
- Collaborate with AWS Partner organization on Immersion Days, Game Days, or Solutions Architect certification preparation to further enable the CX team.
- Work collaboratively and have strong communication skills, especially in teaching complex concepts, and creative, prescriptive thinking
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- 5+ years experience with a strong engineering background, preferred in fields like computer science, math, and electrical engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
- Ability to take on open-ended problems in unstructured environments
- Development experience, Cloud experience, DevOps experience
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems during calls with technical customers
Retool offers generous benefits to all employees. For more information, please visit the benefits and perks section of our careers page!
Retool is currently set up to employ all roles in the US and specific roles in the UK. To find roles that can be employed in the UK, please refer to our careers page and review the indicated locations.