Partner Solution Architect
Nearly every company in the world runs on custom business software: Gartner estimates that up to 50% of all code is written for internal usage. This is the operational software for refunding orders, underwriting loans, moderating content, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, onboarding employees, analyzing transactions, providing customer support…the list is nearly endless. For most companies, building and maintaining all of these tools demands a lot of engineering time—scarce, expensive resources better put to use on customer-facing products.
At Retool, we’re designing a new type of development environment that makes it dramatically faster and easier to build all of this software. Retool unifies the ease of visual programming with the power of code, while abstracting away the tedious and repetitive tasks of development. We believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster and build a lot more software. It’s akin to a new version of Visual Basic, HyperCard, or Flash—with a bit of Figma and some future-of-programming vibes thrown on top. Today, our customers span from small startups building their first operational tools, to Fortune 500 companies building mission-critical apps for thousands of users across their business.
WHY WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU:
Retool is expanding fast and so is our partner portfolio. Strategic partnerships are a critical channel in our next chapter of growth, but activating the go-to-market potential will require more horsepower.
To keep pace with this rapid growth, we are bringing on our first Partner Solutions Engineer to support our go-to-market efforts across various partners including independent software vendors (ISVs), global system integrators (GSIs), and consulting partners.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Your workday will never be boring.
Internally, you will be actively collaborating across Retool sales, marketing, and engineering to provide technical support for go-to-market partner-related activities that have a line of sight to unlock new revenue for Retool.
Externally, you’ll work closely with our partners to design, develop, and execute tailored solutions leveraging Retool's platform. It is expected that you will stay up to date with the latest technology trends, using this knowledge to improve our solutions and keep our platform competitive.
You'll ultimately be responsible for creating and delivering demos to and with our partners, building apps within Retool with partners, answering technical questions from partners, and holistically supporting technical inquiries across the partnership function. You will also have the option to deliver presentations at industry events to highlight Retool’s capabilities.
At this stage in Retool’s journey, we’ll also look to you to help build new processes and programs to help our partnership team meet and exceed quota.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH:
You’ll work directly with the Head of Partnerships and join a small but growing partnership team that works cross-functionally across all aspects of our business and be joining a broader team of Retools who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product and partake in some occasional but well-intentioned sarcasm.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Assist and guide partners in developing and implementing Retool solutions, tailored to their unique business requirements.
- Provide technical support and guidance to ISVs, GSIs, and SIs, helping them to build effective tools and applications with or on our platform.
- Work collaboratively with partners to understand their needs, identify opportunities, and address technical challenges.
- Deliver technical presentations and demonstrations to partners and at public or client-facing events to promote the attributes of the Retool platform.
- Collaborate closely with our sales and customer success teams, ensuring that solution planning aligns with customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and training materials that partners can reference.
- Stay updated on industry trends and competitor products, driving continuous enhancement of our solutions.
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- Experience as a Solutions Architect / Engineer, preferably with B2B SaaS
- A background in computer science or a related field
- Strong knowledge of SQL, various no-SQL databases, APIs, etc.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- An aptitude for problem-solving and a strong desire to build long-standing business relationships.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to think on your feet, and solve problems during calls with partners and customers
- Comfort exploring Retool’s codebase (React / Node)
- Bonus – Any previous experience with Retool or other rapid application development platforms is advantageous.
Retool offers generous benefits to all employees. For more information, please visit the benefits and perks section of our careers page!
Retool is currently set up to employ all roles in the US and specific roles in the UK. To find roles that can be employed in the UK, please refer to our careers page and review the indicated locations.