Director of Engineering, Site Reliability
At OneStudyTeam (a Reify Health company), we specialize in speeding up clinical trials and increasing the chance of new therapies being approved with the ultimate goal of improving patient outcomes. Our cloud-based platform, StudyTeam, brings research site workflows online and enables sites, sponsors, and other key stakeholders to work together more effectively. StudyTeam is trusted by the largest global biopharmaceutical companies, used in over 6,000 research sites, and is available in over 100 countries. Join us in our mission to advance clinical research and improve patient care.
One mission. One team. That’s OneStudyTeam.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the Director of Engineering, Site Reliability is paramount to the success of OneStudyTeam's mission. This role intersects people, process and technology at truly a global level while giving you the opportunity to advance in your career within a fast growing organization. Success in this role will measurably increase customer adoption by meeting SLAs and accelerating value capture. You must be comfortable as both a do-er and a leader in this role.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Lead a team of SREs and DBAs
- Manage to key operational metrics for a rapidly expanding global footprint of interconnected AWS regions, such as: DORA, Uptime, RTO, RPO while meeting tight budget constraints
- Be the product manager for your vertical, defining the roadmap, requirements, goals and acceptance criteria
- Accelerate the software development teams with automated deployments and the construction of a well oiled CI/CD pipeline
- By partnering with Compliance and Security functions, maintain a highly secure and impenetrable production environment designed to house critical patient data
- Develop and enhance tools to improve observability of the events of our sub-systems (as championed by Charity Majors)
- Drive large complex projects through effective cross functional collaboration and communication
- Implement and maintain incident response and disaster recovery plans for the cloud infrastructure and the web applications
- Provide leadership and guidance on business and technical aspects of the cloud infrastructure, including automation, monitoring, and performance optimization.
- Manage vendors, contracts and spend associated to operational infrastructure
- Participate in your team’s agile ceremonies and design reviews
What You’ll Bring to OneStudyTeam
- Must be comfortable working in a startup environment producing necessary structure with little direction
- Must understand how to ruthlessly prioritize, knowing what to focus on despite the million asks
- Experience managing a team of 5+ SREs
- Experience managing a global AWS footprint
- Must be a empathetic leader who is an effective communicator and knows what it takes to lead a team of remote engineers
- Knowledge of network architecture and internet security best practices
- Strategically lead the team in containerization and infrastructure-as-code
- Skilled at communicating technical concepts to peers and non-technical persons respectfully and clearly
- Ability to troubleshoot performance problems and system outages.
- Strong knowledge of Linux based operating systems
- Skilled at implementing secure, public facing AWS Cloud based systems.
- Ability to configure and manage AWS services such as CloudFront, IAM, Route 53, S3, RDS, et al.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment such as ISO9000, HIPAA and GDPR
- Experience implementing security controls for AWS environments, including setup and management of authentication controls, VPN’s, KMS, etc
- Experience operating and querying an ELK stack or similar solution
- Knowledge of functional programming languages and philosophy (or existing Clojure chops!)
- Experience in a startup environment, or as a fully remote employee - we use Slack and Zoom extensively, and our team is largely comprised of remote workers
Learn more about our global benefits offerings on our careers site: https://careers.onestudyteam.com/us-benefits
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: OneStudyTeam is unable to sponsor work visas at this time. If you are a non-U.S. resident applicant, please note that OST works with a Professional Employer Organization.
As a condition of employment, you will abide by all organizational security and privacy policies.