Senior Product Manager | Generalist
Ramp is the ultimate platform for modern finance teams. Combining corporate cards with expense management, bill payments, vendor management, accounting automation and more, Ramp's all-in-one solution is designed to save businesses time and money, and free finance teams to do the best work of their lives. Our mission is to help build healthier businesses, and it’s working: over 15,000 businesses on Ramp to save an average 5% and close their books 8x faster.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment platform in America, and enables tens of billions of dollars in purchases each year.
Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. In 2023, Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America, LinkedIn’s #1 Top Startup in the U.S., a CNBC Disruptor, and a TIME100 Most Influential Company.
About The Role
As a Product Manager at Ramp, you will be responsible for leading a core team of engineers and designers to build amazing products that serve thousands of businesses. You will have the opportunity to own a specific vertical within one of the product surface areas below based on your skillset, interest, and Ramp’s business needs. You will define and evolve our end-to-end product vision, strategy, and execution to meet ambitious company goals.
We’re looking for someone who can partner and collaborate across various internal teams, has a deep understanding of our customers and technology, and deliver financial products to streamline complex business flows via a fantastic user experience.
- Please note that this Product Management role will require you to be comfortable with working in-person at our NYC HQ (located near Madison Square Park) at least 2 days/week*
- Deliver incredible products and experiences by combining a deep understanding of business strategy with creative product strategy and technical acumen
- Own the product roadmap, priorities and execution, focusing on a specific product vertical (see product surface areas below)
- Help thousands of companies on Ramp more successfully manage their finances by expanding the capabilities of our product
- Leverage data and customer feedback to constantly iterate and evolve product offerings
- Contribute to the vision, strategy, and processes that allow Ramp to grow the product management function at various stages of our growth
- BA/BS in a technical or analytical field
- Minimum 5 years of product management experience, building technical products from ideation to launch
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence small teams of engineers towards a common goal
- Fluency in data and how to make data-driven product decisions
- Experience evaluating product decisions and prioritization trade-offs
- Ability to collate with multiple stakeholders and large cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in high growth startups
- Experience building complex financial products
- Spend Management owns our core spend product, including card issuance, reimbursements, and travel & entertainment to control spend
- Bill Payments owns our invoice management, accounts payable, and B2B payment capabilities
- Procurement owns the requisition, intake, approval, and issuing process of spend on Ramp.
- Intelligence owns the reporting, savings, and price intelligence products to help companies make better financial decisions
- Payments & Billing owns our billing engine, money movement, collections and pricing
- Accounting owns automating accounting workflows to ensure accurate real time financial reporting
- Risk owns our underwriting and financial products that determine which businesses to approve and how to manage risk
- Growth owns onboarding, activation and retention products to help our customers be successful on the Ramp platform
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $174,250-$205,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match on contributions made while employed by Ramp)
- Flexible PTO
- Fertility HRA (up to $5,000 per year)
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance