Technical Account Manager
Ramp is the ultimate platform for modern finance teams. Combining corporate cards with expense management, bill payments, vendor management, accounting automation and more, Ramp's all-in-one solution is designed to save businesses time and money, and free finance teams to do the best work of their lives. Our mission is to help build healthier businesses, and it’s working: over 15,000 businesses on Ramp to save an average 5% and close their books 8x faster.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment platform in America, and enables tens of billions of dollars in purchases each year.
Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. In 2023, Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America, LinkedIn’s #1 Top Startup in the U.S., a CNBC Disruptor, and a TIME100 Most Influential Company.
About The Role
Technical Account Managers are on the frontlines working to establish partnerships with Ramp customers, and act as a liaison between customers and our internal technical teams. You’ll be partnering with Customer Success & Account Manager teams to identify, prioritize and build financial solutions for existing customers so that Ramp continues to scale with their needs.
You will act as the technical and financial subject matter expert for our customers, and design solutions that address the customer’s needs through Ramp and partner integrations. You will partner with Post-Sales teams to drive Product, Design and Engineering teams’ roadmaps to evolve Ramp to better serve our customers at scale and offer increasingly higher value to the customers.
You will define the customer’s financial & technical success criteria from onboarding through activation and expansion. You will represent Product, Design and Engineering externally and will operate with deep conviction and understanding of Ramp’s technical capabilities. The role requires technical skills necessary to understand and educate on robust accounting features, and integrate them across all the touchpoints and surface area of a customer.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the Customer Success & Account Management teams to effectively communicate Ramp’s technical accounting features and benefits to customers by delivering tailored product demonstrations
- Focus areas include NetSuite, MS Dynamics, Sage Intaact, and other ERP integrations
- Work with customers to problem-solve technical hurdles, and propose effective product implementations for each customer with a deep understanding of the full range of integration and configuration options
- Via customer discovery, you will assess customer requirements for expansion of their Ramp partnership via customer discovery, and determine Ramp fit through use-cases, cost-benefit/ROI analysis, and technical competencies
- Work directly with onboarding specialists to support more complex technical & accounting implementations of Ramp
- Be a subject matter expert across our HRIS and Accounting integration partners, partnering with Sales, Product and partners to advocate for integration development in-line with customer needs
- Support technical documentation and maintenance of our internal knowledge base for customer use cases and best practices
- Partner closely with the product team to ensure customer feedback and pain points are heard, reviewed, and prioritized when needed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business, finance or accounting
- Minimum 4 years in Technical Account Management, Implementation, Solutions Consulting and/or delivering business SaaS solutions and using APIs, ideally within the financial space
- Deep understanding of accounting systems, accounting/controllership needs, and finance/accounting workflows
- Strong understanding of HRIS and/or ERP solutions
- Excellent engineering, system design and technical specification writing skills
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and position product solutions accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Exceptional with organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Bias towards action, adaptability and ability to operate in a high pace environment of a high growth startup
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $165,750-$195,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match on contributions made while employed by Ramp)
- Flexible PTO
- Fertility HRA (up to $5,000 per year)
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance