Senior Manager, Product Learning & Development
Ramp is the ultimate platform for modern finance teams. Combining corporate cards with expense management, bill payments, vendor management, accounting automation and more, Ramp's all-in-one solution is designed to save businesses time and money, and free finance teams to do the best work of their lives. Our mission is to help build healthier businesses, and it’s working: over 15,000 businesses on Ramp to save an average 5% and close their books 8x faster.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment platform in America, and enables tens of billions of dollars in purchases each year.
Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. In 2023, Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America, LinkedIn’s #1 Top Startup in the U.S., a CNBC Disruptor, and a TIME100 Most Influential Company.
About The Role
You will be responsible for developing and executing an industry-leading product knowledge management program across Ramp, and executing a Learning & Development (L&D) program across Ramp’s Customer Experience and Product organizations. This is a hands-on role where you will build out a small but mighty team to support product onboarding, knowledge management, and continuous education for our rapidly growing employee team and partner ecosystem.
Success will require innovative use of tools and creation of processes that enable your knowledge management approach to keep up with Ramp’s rapidly evolving product and customer landscape. You will partner closely with Sales Enablement, Customer Education, Product Marketing, Customer Support and Product Operations to build bi-directional feedback loops and align and tailor product enablement efforts. This role requires an adaptable and creative leader with a deep sense of ownership who can work cross-functionally to enable every employee and partner to confidently represent the Ramp product in their roles.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute a holistic product enablement and knowledge management strategy and roadmap that meets Ramp’s complex business needs
- Identify and assess product knowledge gaps within the organization and implement initiatives to bridge those gaps - including working with the Product organization to automate and streamline the communication of new product context
- Create and implement continuous product education programming to keep all employees' general product knowledge up-to-date
- Oversee a small but mighty Customer Experience Learning & Development team to deliver industry leading product onboarding training, continuous learning, and knowledge change management tooling to Ramp’s customer support agents
- Coordinate with Sales Enablement, Product Operations, and Product Marketing teams to establish clear product knowledge “rules of engagement” and achieve consistent and efficient dissemination of information across Ramp
- Evaluate, select, and deploy knowledge management, L&D, and product enablement tools and frameworks
- Minimum 6 years of experience in knowledge management, Learning & Development, or Product Enablement roles, ideally in a B2B SaaS organization
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing L&D and Knowledge Management teams, especially in a customer support context
- Hands-on experience with Knowledge Management systems like Guru / Slab / Notion / Confluence / Atlassian, as well as modern, startup-friendly LMS systems
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to engage with different teams and departments to understand their knowledge needs and challenges, and able to see the “big picture” that will serve all stakeholders at an enterprise level
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and influence others to adopt knowledge management practices
- Experience in driving cultural change towards a knowledge-sharing mindset within an organization. This involves convincing stakeholders of the benefits and providing training to help them adopt new practices.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance requirements in the finance industry
- Comfortable in modern workplace productivity tools such as Slack, Asana, Looker
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $144,500-$170,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match on contributions made while employed by Ramp)
- Flexible PTO
- Fertility HRA (up to $5,000 per year)
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance