Senior Analytics Engineer | Capital Markets
Ramp is the ultimate platform for modern finance teams. Combining corporate cards with expense management, bill payments, vendor management, accounting automation and more, Ramp's all-in-one solution is designed to save businesses time and money, and free finance teams to do the best work of their lives. Our mission is to help build healthier businesses, and it’s working: over 15,000 businesses on Ramp to save an average 5% and close their books 8x faster.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment platform in America, and enables tens of billions of dollars in purchases each year.
Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. In 2023, Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America, LinkedIn’s #1 Top Startup in the U.S., a CNBC Disruptor, and a TIME100 Most Influential Company.
About The Role
We’re looking for someone to help lead the future of analytics at Ramp. This person will enable Ramp to get 1% better every day by developing data products and insights. They will partner closely with business stakeholders and product, engineering, and design counterparts to prioritize and execute on work, improve reporting, as well as drive results and process improvements.
- Please note that this Analytics Engineer role will require you to be comfortable with working in-person at our NYC HQ (located near Madison Square Park) at least 2 days/week*
- Full stack analytics engineering development, building models to consume, transform, and expose data to stakeholders and production systems
- Drive a culture of experimental design, testing agenda, and best practices
- Contribute to the culture of Ramp’s data team by influencing processes, tools, and systems that will allow us to make better decisions in a scalable way
- Collaborate with P/E/D/D (product, engineering, data and design) teams to develop product roadmaps and measure success
- Work with closely with data engineering teams to capture, move, store, and transform raw data into highly actionable insights, and partner with business teams to turn those insights into action
- Strong knowledge of SQL (preferably Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery) and how to write efficient SQL queries
- Familiarity with BI tools (preferably Looker, Mode, Tableau or equivalent) and experience distributing data insights via reports and dashboards
- Track record of shipping high quality products and features at scale
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly improving, start-up environment that focuses on solving problems with iterative technical solutions
- Experience with the modern data stack (Fivetran / Snowflake / dbt / Looker / Hightouch or equivalents)
- Strong perspective on analytics engineering development cycle (data modeling, version control, documentation + testing, best practices for codebase development)
- Experience within the payments and financial technology space
- Familiarity with B2B enterprise sales cycle metrics and processes
- Product Analytics | Ramp’s Product Analytics team is responsible for delivering data products and insights that shape Ramp’s product direction and unlock business value. The Product Analytics team is also responsible for building out the platform through which new products are launched, instrumented, tested, and QA’d. The team embeds deeply as a partner to engineering, product, and design.
- Risk & Capital Markets Analytics | Ramp’s Risk & Capital Markets Analytics team is responsible for how risk is evaluated, and building the risk infrastructure to scale to millions of businesses in the United States. Areas include risk operations and underwriting, limit setting and pricing across financial products as well as fraud detection, regulatory reporting, and capital market relationships.
- Growth Analytics | Ramp's Growth Analytics team ships data products and insights that allow Ramp to acquire new business and expand existing business and partnerships at scale. Current areas of focus include: Web & Martech, Outbound Automation, Customer Data Platform, Self-Service Product, GTM Strategic Finance, and Business Systems.
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $136,000-$160,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match on contributions made while employed by Ramp)
- Flexible PTO
- Fertility HRA (up to $5,000 per year)
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance