HR Business Partner
Qwick is changing the way people work. We match hospitality freelancers with businesses shift-by-shift through a technology-driven, app-based staffing platform. Our unique matching algorithm pairs top-rated, talented professionals with shifts that match their skillset. If you're eager to make a difference in the hospitality industry and tech space, love what you do, and lead with empathy and transparency, we want to hear from you!
About the role
We are excited for a passionate, strategic, curious, and driven individual to join our People team as our HRBP. At Qwick, we are never afraid of a challenge or to try something new and we are looking for that same spirit in a new HR professional! This person must have high emotional intelligence, strong attention to detail, and the ability to pick up on new tasks and projects with little to no supervision; this person is a strategic business partner.
You’ll be a great fit if you like…
- Working closely with management teams and employees to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Strategies and executes on people initiatives, providing great internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- Facilitating and monitoring Family Medical Leave, Leaves of Absence, requests for accommodation, workplace injuries, Short Term Disability, and unemployment claims.
- Managing the benefits plan design process, managing Open Enrollment activities, and wellness initiatives
- Administering employee surveys including tracking completion and reporting on results
- Updating existing documents, instructional how-to guides, and any information used to communicate with employees and/or new hires
- Ensure regulatory compliance pertinent to the day-to-day management of employees; collaborates with the legal department when necessary.
- Creating tracking reports regarding terminations, attrition, hiring, and benefits enrollment information.
- Managing all employee deductions, both mandatory and voluntary
- Completing additional projects as needed
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3-4 years of Human Resources experience required
- Must be a team player and have the ability to maturely and discreetly handle highly confidential/sensitive Human Resource information
- Must be results driven with the proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Must demonstrate effective time management, excellent organizational skills, follow-up skills, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Serve as a representation of Qwick employees and a culture-first mentality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish healthy working relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Mac OS proficient with experience in using Google Workspace and ADP
- Ability to quickly pick up new applications and digital processes
Our cultural values are an important part of who we are and what we're building:
- Free to be us - We embrace diversity within mindsets, ideas, race, culture, background, and the things that make us uniquely us.
- Hustle responsibly - We work hard and we make time to rest and play in order to stay our best.
- Stand up for what's right - We don’t just do the right thing, but we hold others accountable to act with integrity as well.
- We are human - We act with compassion to take care of ourselves, our team, our families, and the Qwick network.
- Constantly curious - We seek knowledge from within and outside of Qwick and are continually learning through our successes and challenges.
- Never give up - We welcome change, celebrate failure, and always keep moving forward.
Benefits (if eligible) Include:
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid office environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability benefits
- Pet benefits
Qwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.