Lead Marketing Analyst
Marketing & Communications, IT
San Francisco, CA, USA · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests -- including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
About the Team:
Quizlet’s marketing team plays a pivotal role in comprehending and effectively conveying Quizlet’s value proposition to students and teachers, with the ultimate goal of elevating brand awareness, fostering user engagement, and driving growth in subscriptions and ads revenue.
About the Role:
Reporting directly into the head of marketing, the Lead Marketing Analyst will serve as a highly cross-functional partner. You will work closely with members across the marketing organization to help them understand the incremental impact they are driving to Quizlet. You will also be responsible for collaborating with our Data Science team to ensure our efforts are aligned and tracking with extended team and company objectives.
This is a hybrid role based out of our New York or San Francisco offices.
In this role, you will:
- Measure the impact and effectiveness of various marketing strategies (across direct response, lifecycle, product and brand marketing) against predetermined team and company goals and use the data to inform future goals
- Partner with the product marketing and lifecycle teams to chart the student journey, illuminating points of higher engagement and drop off to better understand and inform onsite and lifecycle communication opportunities
- Be a key owner with Data Engineering in our investment in new marketing analytics reporting tools in 2024 and beyond
- Meet with Data Scientists across the company to understand changes in reporting in the data, be it tables, definitions, compelling A/B results, models to try, etc
- Support clearer attribution efforts and strategies for key marketing initiatives
- Support our external communications efforts through data storytelling, identifying compelling trends and topics that will generate interest across media
- Measure user growth, subscription and revenue impact and assign value across all marketing channels
- Measure the performance and engagement across social media channels to help inform strategy and understand campaign performance
- Measure and monitor brand sentiment across social media channels
Own the creation of dashboards to help:
What you bring to the table:
- 8+ years of experience in marketing analytics
- 6+ years of experience running marketing analytics for paid and social campaigns
- Must have advanced SQL skills using window functions and CTEs, including highly developed QA skills and ability to write efficient, optimized code
- 6+ years of practical knowledge running incremental testsfor marketing teams
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with Periscope and BigQuery
Compensation, Benefits & Perks:
- Quizlet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Salary transparency helps to mitigate unfair hiring practices when it comes to discrimination and pay gaps. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a starting base salary of $170,000 - $200,000, depending on location and experience, as well as company stock options
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a healthy work-life balance
- 20 vacation days (and we expect you to take them!)
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (100% employee and 75% dependent PPO, HMO, VSP Choice)
- Employer-sponsored 401k plan with company match
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other resources to support professional growth
- Paid Family Leave, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits, Wellness benefits
- 40 hours of annual paid time off to participate in volunteer programs of choice
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and take pride in delivering results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
At this time Quizlet does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and/or profiles.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Quizlet employee. Quizlet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm nor will it be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Quizlet.