Risk & Abuse Operations and Data Analyst
At Podium, our mission is to help local businesses win. Our lead conversion platform, powered by AI and integrations, helps local businesses convert leads faster, communicate easier, and make more sales. Every day, thousands of local businesses utilize our review management, communication, marketing, and payments products.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
At Podium, we believe in fostering a culture that thrives on hiring and developing exceptional talent. Our operating principles serve as a compass, guiding daily behavior and decision-making, and ensure we hire people who will thrive at Podium. If you resonate with our operating principles and are energized by our mission, Podium will be a great place for you!
We are looking for a Data Analyst for our Risk Management & Platform Abuse team. This role reports to the Risk & Abuse team lead.
As a Data Analyst at Podium, you will work closely with team leadership to drive the Risk & Abuse team to be rigorously data-driven. The ideal candidate will have experience creating insights using data that impact the strategy and policy of a team or department.
What You Will Be Doing
- Use various sources of information to conduct investigations of potential fraudulent behavior within Podium's platform
- Propose new alerts to detect malicious behavior
- Work with various stakeholders to bolster detection capabilities across the company
- Participate in on-call rotation for fraud alerts
- Think creatively to develop outside-the-box solutions for detecting malicious behavior
- Keep up-to-date on current attack trends and threat actor tactics, techniques, procedures
- Respond to escalations from Support, Account Executives, and other departments
What You Should Have
- Passion for conducting open source investigations of fraudulent and abusive online activity
- Understanding of payments systems and financial crimes
- Solid understanding of web and communication (phone and texting) technologies
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to distill information in a cohesive and concise manner
- Experience using data visualization tools
- Basic SQL experience
- 2+ years of experience in related field
What We Hope You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, criminal justice or related field
- Prior experience working for Payments or Communications SaaS company
- Experience using security analysis tools such as Clear or SumoLogic.
- Security best practices and common vulnerabilities
- Anomaly detection and threat hunting experience
- Open and transparent culture
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Generous vacation time, plus three 4-day summer holiday weekends
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan with competitive company matching
- Bi-annual swag drops with cool Podium gear and apparel
- A stellar HQ (Utah) gym with local professional coaches and classes offered
- Onsite HQ (Utah) child care center, subsidized for employees
- Additional benefits for fully remote employees
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.