Mobile Veterinary Supervisor
People & HR, Operations
Lakeland, FL, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
PetIQ provides convenient and affordable pet health and wellness products and veterinary services to pets and their families through retail and ecommerce channels across the country.
We are advocates for pet parents, because we believe that all pet parents should be able to provide necessary care that enhances the lives of their pets.
Why join the PetIQ Team?
· Great company culture
· Company is in growth mode, come be a part of our exciting growth
Full time employee benefits include:
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Flex Spending Account
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· 8 Paid Holidays, 2 Personal Days and PTO
· Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Collect payment, dispense and label medication, and reviews discharge paperwork with pet parents
• Knowledgeable in safe restraint of pets for wellness procedures including vaccines, nail trims and microchipping
• Works together with members of the office leadership team to coach, mentor, and inspire veterinary clinic assistants
• Actively participates in the development of veterinary clinic assistants, monitoring processes, procedures, and pet parent interactions
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work environment by disinfecting surfaces and equipment between each pet
• Responsible for all aspects (outside of medical decisions) of the clinic they supervise, including recording accurate and detailed pet records and bio notes, reporting all incidents to the correct parties, and being timely in submitting any paperwork to their leadership team
• Shares the responsibility of driving the van to and from clinics responsibly, loading and unloading the vans upon arrival and departure (Community Clinics)
• Knowledgeable on our services and products
• Proficient in making strong recommendations based on an understanding of canine and feline diseases to every pet every time based on pet’s lifestyle
• Promotes a culture of safety in each clinic and lives our values while reinforcing our brand promise with pet parents, partners, and team members
• Ability to execute inventory processes, including maintaining accurate product counts, and understanding expiration dates for vaccines, medication, products, and diagnostic supplies
• Ability to direct the clinic flow by utilizing effective communication, organization, and time management skills
• Actively engages in weekly or biweekly 1-on-1s with office leadership for continued leadership development
• Provides customer service to pet parents by answering questions and assisting them through the clinic process
• Achieves goals as set by their manager including dollars per pet, pets per clinic, preferred product and microchips sold
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with pet parents and partners
• Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license
- Must successfully pass criminal background check (VIP Petcare Pass MVR Check)
- Must be able to work weekends, varied weekdays and times, occasional overnights
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Present professional appearance and positive conduct
- Punctuality and dependability are highly valued
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle for long hours and in various terrain and weather conditions. Portion of workday spent in vehicle. (VIP Petcare Community Clinics)
- Some outdoor clinic work and activities may be necessary
- Must be able to work for prolonged periods of time in the field, including 12–14-hour days
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous customer service sales experience
- Previous leadership experience
- Navigate computer hardware (iPad, Bluetooth devices and more)
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to work within a team to meet team goals and objectives
- Comfort level in approaching host location’s customers to educate about our clinics
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistently safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
PetIQ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles, such as afros, braids, locks, and twists), creed, caste, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin (including ancestry), genetics, physical or mental disability (including obesity, HIV, or hepatitis C status), age, marital status, or honorably discharged veteran or military status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
By submitting this application, I certify that my answers are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. If this application leads to employment, I understand that false or misleading information in my application or interview may result in my release.