Veterinary Clinic Assistant
Dallas, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
PetIQ provides convenient and affordable pet health and wellness products and veterinary services to pets and their families through retail and ecommerce channels across the country.
We are advocates for pet parents, because we believe that all pet parents should be able to provide necessary care that enhances the lives of their pets.
Why join the PetIQ Team?
· Great company culture
· Company is in growth mode, come be a part of our exciting growth
Full time employee benefits include:
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Flex Spending Account
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· 8 Paid Holidays, 2 Personal Days and PTO
· Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
VetIQ Petcare is the premier provider of pet wellness and non-emergency veterinary services. We deliver affordable, and convenient veterinary services in a friendly, positive environment. Our Wellness Centers provide high quality preventive and wellness pet care services, including diagnostic tests, vaccinations, preventative medications, microchipping, nail trims, and more! VetIQ Petcare Clinic Assistant are committed to pet health and wellness. The assistant provides professional, efficient, and positive support to our clients, pets, and doctors. They’ll answer client questions, and walk them through our clinic process.
- Keeping the examination areas clean and ready for patients
- Preparing vaccines
- Holding pets for wellness procedures and sample collection
- Preparing samples for outside laboratory testing
- Making recommendations for services and products aligned with our Standard of Care
- Leading a culture of safety in your center
- Collecting payment and reviewing discharge paperwork with clients.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous customer service or sales experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to work schedule, which includes varied days and times, most weekends, and some holiday work
- Reliable transportation to center
- Must successfully pass criminal background check
Skills and Abilities
- Must enjoy and be comfortable working with primarily dogs and cats of all sizes, temperaments and breeds, including handling and lifting animals as necessary
- Present professional appearance and positive conduct
- Punctuality and dependability highly valued
- Knowledge of basic sales principles and application while making recommendations to clients
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Able to work independently without direct supervision
Environment and Physical
- Lifting up to 150 pounds assisted, and 50 pounds without assistance
- Standing, walking, and moving about for prolonged periods of time
PetIQ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles, such as afros, braids, locks, and twists), creed, caste, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin (including ancestry), genetics, physical or mental disability (including obesity, HIV, or hepatitis C status), age, marital status, or honorably discharged veteran or military status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
By submitting this application, I certify that my answers are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. If this application leads to employment, I understand that false or misleading information in my application or interview may result in my release.