Veterinary Clinic Assistant
Midland, MI, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
PetIQ provides convenient and affordable pet health and wellness products and veterinary services to pets and their families through retail and ecommerce channels across the country.
We are advocates for pet parents, because we believe that all pet parents should be able to provide necessary care that enhances the lives of their pets.
Why join the PetIQ Team?
· Great company culture
· Company is in growth mode, come be a part of our exciting growth
Full time employee benefits include:
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Flex Spending Account
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· 8 Paid Holidays, 2 Personal Days and PTO
· Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
· Collect payment, dispense and label medication, and review discharge paperwork with pet parents
· Safely restrain / hold pets for wellness procedures including vaccines, nail trims and microchipping
· Collect and prepare blood and fecal samples for laboratory testing
· Make recommendations for services and products to every pet, every time, based on the pet’s lifestyle and an understanding of canine and feline diseases
· Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment by disinfecting surfaces and equipment between each pet
· Ability to execute inventory processes by maintaining accurate product counts and managing expiration dates for vaccines and products
· Promote a culture of safety in your clinic and live our values while reinforcing our brand promise with pet parents, partners, and team members
· Provide customer service to pet parents by answering questions and assisting them through the clinic process
· Achieve goals as set by your manager including dollars per pet, pets per clinic, preferred product and microchips sold
· Scan pets for microchips
· Prepare canine and feline vaccines
· Establish and maintain effective relationships with pet parents and partners
· Other duties as assigned
· Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to work weekends, varied weekdays and times
· Reliable transportation to and from work
· Present professional appearance and positive conduct
· Punctuality and dependability highly valued
· Some outdoor clinic work and activities may be necessary
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Previous customer service sales experience
· Navigate computer software (iPad, Bluetooth devices and more)
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Ability to work within a team to meet team goals and objectives
· Ability to adapt to changing priorities
· Ability to perform the essential job functions consistently safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
PetIQ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles, such as afros, braids, locks, and twists), creed, caste, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin (including ancestry), genetics, physical or mental disability (including obesity, HIV, or hepatitis C status), age, marital status, or honorably discharged veteran or military status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
By submitting this application, I certify that my answers are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. If this application leads to employment, I understand that false or misleading information in my application or interview may result in my release.