- Ensure that customer orders are picked, packed, and shipped in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Maintains the highest standards for product quality and service.
- Picks customer orders from inventory using a pack list on a pack line.
- Counts cartons or containers in order to crosscheck customer orders, and validates accuracy.
- Completes customer orders efficiently and accurately.
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Stacking product on pallets as it is transported to the palletizing area.
- Verifying counts on all incoming product to insure proper inventories.
- Understand stacking patterns.
- Keep area clean and well maintained.
- Basic computer and math skills for proper counting of product.
- Basic understanding of box sizes and standards.
- Time management throughout the shift to ensure proper flow of product.
- Know and follow Safety Rules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Requires ability to use hands, fingers and arms
- The position is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to use fifty (50) pounds of force to move objects
- Requires adequate hearing to receive detailed oral information
- Requires adequate visual acuity to read written documents and view dirt and dust to clean.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Daily lifting of product and boxes ranging from 1 pound to 50 pounds from table level to floor and above the head.
- Arrange and adjust product and supplies on outbound and inbound pallets.
- Regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to continually bend and stoop for approximately 8 hours per day, depending upon shift length.
- When it is necessary to work on the machine platform, must have the ability to maneuver and move within an areaof approximately 18 inches.
- Must be able to use small hand tools if necessary to perform minor maintenance or adjustments.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent