Springville, UT, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
PetIQ provides convenient and affordable pet health and wellness products and veterinary services to pets and their families through retail and ecommerce channels across the country. We are advocates for pet parents, because we believe that all pet parents should be able to provide necessary care that enhances the lives of their pets.
Why join the PetIQ Team?
· Great company culture
· Company is in growth mode, come be a part of our exciting growth
Full time employee benefits include:
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Flex Spending Account
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Paid Holidays and PTO
· Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
We are looking to fill the open position of Research and Development Technician. This position will provide support for day-to-day plant trials of a Pet Treat manufacturing facility. The R&D Technician will assist in setting up and running product trials.
- To provide Research and Development support for day-to-day operations of a Pet Treat manufacturing facility. The R&D Technician will assist in product development activities.
- Set up and run equipment needed to trial products.
- Documenting processes used during R&D trials
- Maintain ingredients needed for R&D trials
- Accurately mix and produce all R&D formulas including extruded, formed and cold formed products
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Responsible for food safety and cleanliness of all R&D areas and machinery
- Meet quality standard and SQF guidelines
- Maintain a positive attitude, know company policies and be willing to follow them
- Maintain equipment by proper use and promptly reporting issues
- Suggesting improvements to current operations to increase OEE / throughput
- Have a clear understanding of the PetIQ Mission and its business, products, and Quality goals/objectives
- Helping to reduce the 7 wastes (Transport, Waiting, Motion, Overproduction, Extra Processing, Inventory & Defects)
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical Skills - Shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions
- Written Communication -Able to read and understand written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethics.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract multiple digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's, 100's and 1000’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to use a scale
- Able to participate in a team-oriented environment, willingness to assist and train others
- Demonstrate safe behavior and support department/plant Safety goals in a continuous improvement process
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, weekends before and after schedule as needed
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules and operating instructions.
- Strong mechanical knowledge, ability to understand and safely use mechanical equipment is necessary.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
Education and Training
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with extrusion equipment preferred.
- Regularly required to stand (10-12 hours); walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, odors fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The position is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
PetIQ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
By submitting this application, I certify that my answers are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. If this application leads to employment, I understand that false or misleading information in my application or interview may result in my release.
See more open positions at PetIQ
Something looks off?