Pet Stylist - Dog Groomer
Plano, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
PetIQ provides convenient and affordable pet health and wellness products and veterinary services to pets and their families through retail and ecommerce channels across the country. We are advocates for pet parents, because we believe that all pet parents should be able to provide necessary care that enhances the lives of their pets.
Why join the PetIQ Team?
· Great company culture
· Company is in growth mode, come be a part of our exciting growth
Full time employee benefits include:
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Flex Spending Account
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Paid Holidays and PTO
· Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
We are currently looking for dedicated, professional team members with a passion for pet wellness/hygiene.
Starting pay is $15.53 per hour
VetIQ Petcare (PetIQ) Groom Techs are committed to pet health, wellness, and hygiene.
Our Wellness Centers provide high quality preventive and wellness pet care services, including diagnostic tests, vaccinations, preventative medications, microchipping, nail trims, pet bathing and more!
The assistant provides professional, efficient, and positive support to our clients, pets, and doctors. They’ll answer client questions and walk them through our clinic process.
• Performs Groom Tech functions as requested by Pet Parent, agreed upon and described on the groom card, computer system profile, or instruction form.
• Provides an attractive pet bath and basic grooming needs that meets Pet Parent’s expectations and is appropriate for the pet type.
• Observes dog’s coat conditions and recommends appropriate treatments and remedies based on needs of the pet and skill level of the Groom Tech.
• Provides clients with retail product suggestions that can benefit the pet’s coats or overall condition.
• Ensures front desk is advised of extra charges required for brush-out or dematting services. • Finishes dogs per client description and expectations.
• Manages own grooming workload and schedule to ensure departure times are met and Pet Parent’s are notified in advance of unavoidable delays.
• Ensures grooming station is stocked with supplies, tools, cleaned and ready for use, and alerts Supervisor if supplies are needed
• Maintains room safety by wiping up water spills and pet accidents as soon as possible.
• Updates pet status using company defined systems. Advises reception when pets are ready to go home, and all required and requested services are completed.
• Always follows safety procedures for pets and staff.
• Asks for assistance when a pet is stressed, very difficult to manage, or showing any signs of injury prior to or during the service being rendered.
• Cleans grooming areas at the end of day and performs additional maintenance throughout the day as needed.
• Utilizes company electronic system to log pet & Pet Parent notes, and updates accordingly or provides these updates to the reception team for system entry.
• Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
• Communicates with leadership when any grooming room equipment is damaged and needs to be repaired.
• Must present themselves in a professional manner including the wearing of company approved attire in good condition and abide by other desired personal presentation requirements found in the employee manual or guide.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Industry relevant experience
- Time and Attendance/HR Software
- Scheduling Database
- iPad Navigation
- Understand canine behaviors
- Safe Pet Handling
- Brushing and Combing all coat types
- Bathing all coat types
- Drying all coat types
- Nail Trimming
- Ear Cleaning
- Preparatory Hair Trimming
- Basic Clipper Techniques
- Basic Finishing Techniques
- Customer Service Skills
- Demonstrating Professionalism
- Equipment Handling and Maintenance
- Practice Safety and Sanitization protocols
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistently safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
PetIQ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
By submitting this application, I certify that my answers are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. If this application leads to employment, I understand that false or misleading information in my application or interview may result in my release.
See more open positions at PetIQ
Something looks off?