Software Development Engineer in Test
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you ready to take the lead in ensuring the outstanding quality of Peloton's ground breaking e-commerce and user experience features? We are on the lookout for a seasoned Software Development Engineer in Test to join our diverse team. At Peloton, we believe in instilling quality from the beginning, making it the shared responsibility of every team member to deliver top-notch products. In this role, you'll collaborate closely with software engineers, product owners, technical program managers, and designers to foster a culture of quality, mentor teams in software testing methodologies, and champion an outstanding user experience.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Strategic Teamwork: Collaborate with engineers and product managers to conduct a comprehensive analysis of test automation coverage. Design, implement, and continually improve testing strategies for both web and backend services or microservices, ensuring a robust framework that spans unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Best Practice Advocacy: Orchestrate the adoption of methodologies and standard processes in test automation, emphasizing maintainability, scalability and observability. Your developer centric testing role is pivotal in elevating the quality of our products from the ground up.
- Technical Prowess: Bring your technical testing expertise to the forefront right from the inception of projects all the way into execution. Your unique blend of technical foresight and user-centric approach will be instrumental in crafting a flawless user experience.
- In-depth Test Coverage: Work closely with the team to conceive and develop rich test ideas, scenarios, and experiments. Your contributions will ensure an extensive coverage of the systems under test, resulting in a robust and reliable product.
- Agile Integration: Immerse yourself in the agile development workflow as a key advocate for testing and code quality. Your influence will extend from daily standups to sprint planning, backlog refinement, and long-term planning, solidifying the role of testing at every stage of development.
- Release Engineering Excellence: Take charge as a release engineer for multifunctional teams, ensuring a smooth and efficient release process that aligns with the high standards of Peloton.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 4+ years of hands-on experience working with test automation tools for visual, UI, API, contract testing, with at least 2 years in a lead role
- Solid experience working with the latest web based Playwright, Cypress, Pytest, selenium, Postman (or similar)
- Experience in implementing test automation solutions and frameworks for front-end and back-end systems
- Solid understanding of git workflow in GitHub or similar git-based version control systems
- Support configuring and developing solutions for CI/CD with experience with tools like Github Actions, Jenkins, CircleCI or similar
- Experience developing dashboards and sifting testing insights using tools like Datadog/New Relic/ or similar observability tools
- Familiar with TDD/BDD concepts and frameworks like Gherkin/Cucumber or similar
- Experience collaborating with developers on test automation scenarios, by pairing, reviewing unit, integration and e2e tests and mentoring on testing methodologies
- Ability to accomplish sophisticated engineering tasks independently and capacity to work in a high growth, fast-paced environment preferably in ecommerce or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar, or relevant work experience
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON), provides Members with expert instruction, and world class content to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton brings together immersive classes, cutting-edge technology and hardware, and the Peloton App with multiple tiers to personalize the Peloton experience [with or without equipment]. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has millions of Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, and Austria. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.