Hardware Test Engineer II
The Hardware Test Engineer is responsible for ensuring that Peloton’s Connected Fitness products meet requirements for reliability, performance, and safety. Peloton’s Hardware Testing team pushes our hardware to its limits to understand exactly how, where, and when it will fail. In this role, you will be responsible for testing, and analyzing Peloton’s products across their full lifecycle, from early conceptual design through mass production.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Use physics-of-failure and statistical approaches to design hardware validation test plans for new product development and sustaining engineering activities to demonstrate product functionality, reliability, and safety
- Perform product verification and validation with off-the-shelf testing equipment as well as custom built fixtures and automated test equipment
- Write test reports and communicate results to broader technical & non-technical teams
- Communicate and collaborate with a global team (NY, Seattle, Taiwan) through test reports and status updates. Will require morning/evening calls and travel to support test activities as needed
- Design and build custom automated test rigs/fixtures to interact with various pieces of exercise equipment
- Work closely with technicians to execute various testing activities, providing technical support and guidance as needed
- Conduct tear-downs, troubleshooting and diagnosis of system failures
- Use data-driven decision making to prioritize issues found through testing and coordinate failure analysis and corrective actions
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and prioritize work across teams and programs
- Ensure lab safety protocols are followed
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- B.S. in Mechanical or related discipline
- 3-5 years equivalent work experience with test or validation of complex electromechanical systems
- Familiarity with physics of failure and common failure modes for electro-mechanical systems
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills
- Experience with data acquisition hardware and software (LabVIEW, NI data acquisition or similar) and sensors/transducers (load cells, strain gauges, accelerometers, thermocouples)
- Solid ability to interpret engineering drawings & 3D models
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD
- Experience working with development and manufacturing partners in Asia
- Experience with mechanical design of test fixtures
- Experience with industrial automation & controls (PLCs, servo drives, motors, pneumatics, hydraulics)
- Experience with noise and vibration measurement
- Understanding of biomechanics and exercise science
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.