Member Relation Specialist
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Member Relations Specialist to join our globally diverse and talented team. In this role you will have the ability to showcase and grow your skill set while supporting our Members, Associates, internal stakeholders & cross-functional teams. As a Member Relations Specialist the successful candidate will provide elevated support for high-visibility and complex issues through live channels, email, and special projects to support business needs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing real-time guidance to Associates as a subject matter expert for all lines of business (LOB’s) on both products and processes, responding to and resolving Member concerns received through external survey/social platforms and/or consumer complaint forums, and serving as a conduit for exception handling on a wide variety of Member pain points.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Provide real time support and guidance to Associates, across all LOBs, in support of de-escalating and resolving complex Member concerns.
- Engage directly with Members thinking creatively about ways in which we can address and handle their escalated and/or more complex concerns with focus on resolution, Member retention, and encouraging continued brand loyalty.
- Operate with a Bias for action and a strong sense of ownership to resolve Member disputes varying in nature that include, but are not limited to, damage claims, injury intake, 3PL escalations and more.
- Partner and communicate as advocates for our Members and our brand with internal and external cross-functional teams as well as other shared services teams on process improvements and gap-closure to reduce and remove Member friction and recurring pain points.
- Utilize available tools for research and tracking of escalations.
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external Members by adjusting your communication style to your audience.
- Perform ticketing and queue management duties
- Actively foster openness and collaboration within the team
- Fulfill job responsibilities, other duties, and handle/complete special projects as assigned to support business needs requiring more than one area of expertise.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 2 years of experience in a Member Support role at Peloton or 1 year experience handling complicated, technical or escalated interactions
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Able to de-escalate and confidently interact with difficult Members
- Comfortable with data/numbers and processing highly visible and confidential information
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience providing excellent customer support via multiple communication channels while maintaining attention to detail for accuracy
- Comfortable working independently, while acting as an escalation point of contact for other departments who may have questions about support process/policy or need product and/or customer assistance
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Operate with a sense of urgency, Member empathy, and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate great judgment, are eager to learn + excited to share what you’ve learned.
- Members first mentality and able to work any schedule within the Member Support hours of operations.
- Must be in good standing
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.