Manager, Privacy Compliance
ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a Manager, Privacy Compliance to support the Global Privacy Compliance function and to develop a global privacy program. Reporting to the VP, Privacy Compliance, the Manager, Privacy Compliance will be a key stakeholder in Peloton’s legal organization, and will work closely with numerous key leaders across Information Security, Legal, Internal Audit, Product, Retail, Field Ops and other areas of the business. Overall, the person in this role will help to position Peloton as the most trusted brand in connected fitness by creating a world-class Privacy Program.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Work to assist in building a comprehensive privacy program including risk assessments, procedures and guidelines, training and awareness, monitoring, and investigation
- Coordinate with Legal on practices and procedures for reviewing marketing, new products, member-facing content, and other materials for ensuring Compliance with Peloton’s policies
- Participate in reporting to senior leadership on our privacy program, and engage with regulatory authorities and other partners
- Advise on the business impact of global data protection laws and regulations on Peloton’s business priorities
- Identify risks and gaps in our processes and continuously improve our program to ensure compliance
- Develop training and awareness campaigns to educate Peloton employees about privacy and data protection matters
- Collaborate with global legal and business teams across multiple time zones
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 4+ years of relevant legal, compliance and business experience, having designed and built a global privacy compliance program
- Law degree from an accredited law school preferred
- Expertise in privacy and data protection regimes in the US, EU, CA and Australia
- Proven experience within global privacy program, and championing privacy-by-design in eCommerce, media, device or other relevant industries
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence across business organizations
- Demonstrated experience handling multiple, cross-functional projects
- Awareness of industry trends and marketplace changes in technology, particularly in health, fitness and advertising
- CIPP/US/EU/M or other privacy certification preferred
- Cybersecurity or other information technology experience preferred
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.