ABOUT THE ROLE
The Product Software Cardio group is responsible for the software that powers our Cardio equipment, including the Bike, Tread, and Rower. We are looking for motivated and proactive engineering managers with a strong technical background, experience leading engineering teams, proven leadership skills, a love for working with people, and a track record of delivering high-quality software.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
As an Android engineer, you will be responsible for iterating on the process, technology, and communication throughout your team. You will also have the responsibility to assist and grow other engineers around you.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Passion for building scalable and responsive customer-facing applications
- 5+ years of software development experience, 3+ years Android development experience, including working knowledge of Kotlin
- Experience with Git
- Solid experience interacting with REST APIs
- Solid understanding of architecture patterns, namely MVI and MVVM
- Experience with profiling UI, memory, and threading in Android
- Ability to effectively translate Product, UX, and UI requirements into code implementations
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering tasks independently
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
- Strength with Kotlin for code reviews and making technical decisions
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team
- Familiarity with CI/CD and how to incorporate test automation into development flows
- Collaborate with cross-discipline team members from Product, Program Management, and UX/UI to deliver against strategic initiatives Establish team level performance indicators to measure efficiency of the team's output and impact to customer engagement
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and leveraging commercial, off the shelf tools
- Previously published application(s) to Google Play Store
- Have experience with automation testing, such as Espresso
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have a diverse knowledge of other programming languages
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.