FP&A and Strategic Finance Associate
Outschool has been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha. Outschool has also been one of BuiltIn’s Best Remote Places to Work for the last two years and has appeared on Y Combinator’s Top Companies list for the last three years.
Outschool is growing its Finance team and is looking for a driven FP&A and Strategic Finance Associate to join our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated FP&A experience setting and owning a budget, maintaining a forecast, building financial & operating models, and has a proven track record of working closely with business partners to help make sound financial decisions. You will join Outschool at a stage of significant growth and investment, and you will be a critical member of the team as we build and expand the sophistication of our financial processes which will enable us to effectively scale our business.
You’ll work collaboratively with members of every team at Outschool as a strategic finance partner. You'll partner in our budgeting and reporting process and help our team to measure performance. You ideally have experience in assisting in the development of comprehensive budgets and an ability to help leaders become more fluent in financial strategy.
At other companies, this role would be equivalent to a Manager position. At Outschool we have decided to take an unconventional approach to titling that aligns with our values and is focused on impact above status. You can learn more about our titling philosophy here.
- Support our company-wide budgeting and forecasting processes in collaboration with our FP&A Lead and other stakeholders across the organization in order to drive accountability and exceptional results
- Assist in maintaining a forward-looking financial model that accurately predicts performance and can be used to drive long-term growth
- Partner in the tracking of financial & operational performance metrics that allow Outschool to scale and grow
- Work in collaboration with other members of our Finance & Operations team to set up the tools and infrastructure we need to measure performance in real-time
- Provide reporting and data-driven insights to our team, board, and investors on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Collaborate on key growth initiatives by assisting our marketing leads to scale new buyer acquisition and track customer acquisition costs (CAC), as well as be a trusted partner to our supply-side and international growth teams
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 4+ years of experience scaling FP&A efforts, owning budgets, and managing key stakeholder relationships
- A track record of building financial and operating models for a growth-stage business
- Demonstrated experience shaping and implementing financial strategies for public and/or private companies
- An aptitude and motivation to frame finances in the context of mission and social impact
- Exceptional communicator with ability to present complex concepts, recommendations and analyses to business leaders in a clear, concise and actionable manner
- An ability to think differently and the bravery to act on it. You push against the status quo because you see the gap between the opportunities of the future, emerging finance trends, and current practices
- Experience building materials and providing detailed reports and metrics to leaders
- A data-centric mind with an ability to dive deep into the details of our business to make the right judgment calls
- Experience partnering with accounting, business operations, and strategy functions
- The ideal candidate has a sense of urgency to their work, and brings a proactive approach to identifying areas of opportunity for the Finance team and overall business
- A plus if you have an investment banking background
- A plus if you have experience and understanding of large-scale online marketplaces or business
- A plus if you have experience in both B2C and B2B companies
- SQL is not required but beneficial to know in this role
Outschool recruits across the US and Canada, and sets employee salaries to reflect local compensation and cost of living. For New York and California candidates, as well as candidates based in Seattle, WA the salary range for this role would be $145,000-$210,000 USD.
For Washington candidates outside of Seattle, as well as Colorado candidates, the salary range for this role would be $130,500-$189,000 USD.