We are searching for an Accounting Manager to join our growing finance team who is driven, detail-oriented, and has a reputation for rolling up their sleeves as a true builder. This person will be fundamental in building our internal accounting function and instrumental in supporting our growing business. This is an exciting opportunity for a driven and self-motivated person looking for an opportunity to excel in a PLG, SaaS, high-growth, fast-paced business.
- Manage, coordinate, and lead a team in monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close activities
- Oversee day-to-day accounting activities and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results in accordance with US GAAP and global accounting policies
- Ensure proper accounting standards and controls are applied and in compliance with internal controls, e.g., journal entry review, general ledger account reconciliation review, analytic review of monthly results including detailed analysis
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation to reduce close time while maintaining accounting integrity and accuracy
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement and solve problems
- Coordinate external audits and provide support to auditors
- Ability and eagerness to jump into related projects and initiatives as needed
We’re looking for someone who
- 6+ years of accounting experience at both a public accounting firm and a high-growth SaaS company
- CPA strongly preferred
- Experience in a managerial role
- Advanced skills in Excel, Quickbooks, Stripe, and other important accounting tools
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment with the desire for continuous improvement
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
We are in the business of shaping the future of work. Our mission is to make conversations more valuable.
We are growing fast. Last year we recorded a total of over 150 million meeting minutes, announced a $50 million Series B and we were included in Business Insider's 10 AI startups that raised the biggest Series A and B list. In addition, Adam Cheyer the cofounder of Siri, Larry Heck the cofounder of Cortana and Greg Holmes, the first head of sales at Zoom, joined us as advisors.
Otter.ai is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are dedicated to inclusivity.
*Otter.ai does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent placements. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through our website or via email to any Otter.ai employee) and without a written agreement otherwise will be deemed to be our sole property, and no fee will be paid should we hire the candidate.
Annual base salary $120,000 to $150,000