SIU Investigator, Senior Analyst
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an SIU Investigator, Sr. Analyst to join our SIU team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The SIU Investigator (Senior Analyst) primary purpose is to investigate change in aberrant behavior observed in claims and enrollment data. You will work independently to analyze data, and manage investigative caseload from identification through to resolution including overpayment recovery, measuring behavior change and completing necessary reporting to meet monetary and case load targets through investigations and internal process improvements– which should, at least initially, increase year-over-year – for FWA recoupments and savings.
You will report to the Senior Investigator, SIU.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
This is a hybrid role in our Tempe, AZ office. You will work part of the time in the office and part of the time remote / work-from-home. #LI-Hybrid
The base pay for this role is: $69,120 - $82,080 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- Identify and conduct investigations into known or suspected FWA with high autonomy
- Develop documentation to substantiate findings, including formal reports, graphs, audit logs, and other supporting documentation.
- Meet targets through investigations and internal process improvements– which should, at least initially, increase year-over-year – for FWA recoupments and savings
- Perform root cause analysis to inform future algorithmic identification of similar claims or cases and associated savings (i.e., help move identified case types from "pay-and-chase" to preventive edits and pre-payment activity)
- Participate in the development and presentation of FWA-related education for Oscar teams
- Perform coding reviews for flagged claims, to support Coding team
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or a related field, OR at least 3 years of insurance claims investigation experience or professional investigation experience with law enforcement agencies
- Knowledge of applicable fraud statutes and regulations, and of federal guidelines on recoupments and other anti-FWA activity
- Experience handling confidential information and following policies, rules, and regulations
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Accredited Healthcare Fraud Investigator (AHFI), Certified AML [Anti-Money Laundering] and Fraud Professional (CAFP), or similar
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or similar
- Experience working in health insurance across several products specifically with claims processing, billing, reimbursement, or provider contracting.
- Experience with HIPAA, data privacy, and/or data security processes
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.