Director of Finance and Accounting
Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Company And Culture
Launched in 2018, NTWRK is a curated marketplace that brings together the world’s most influential artists, brands, and personalities to create and celebrate culture. Rooted in sneakers, streetwear, and all things collectible, NTWRK offers unprecedented access to rare and exclusive products, while fostering communities of buyers and sellers, through traditional, livestream, and auction shopping experiences.
NTWRK’s unique approach connecting entertainment and shopping has attracted investment from the likes of Jimmy Iovine, Live Nation, Main Street Advisors, Goldman Sachs, Kering, and UTA Ventures, among others.
Join us to help redefine the way people shop, while building a global marketplace that moves at the speed of culture. NTWRK is committed to building a high performing team that is passionate about what they do and the communities we serve.
Everyone at NTWRK truly believes in the company and its mission; it’s almost a requirement for working here. There is synergy within the teams that makes NTWRK what it is, a well-oiled machine. Employees are at the forefront of the company's success because each one of us is given the opportunity to provide suggestions, feedback, and direction.
In 2022, the Chinese live-stream shopping market generated over $423 billion in revenue and by the end of 2023, nearly a quarter of China's total online shopping revenue will be attributed to some form of live video commerce. In the US, the livestream shopping market is expected to reach $68 billion in 2026. Consumer adoption is growing very rapidly, creating a massive opportunity where NTWRK can speak to the niche, fan-driven communities who crave authenticity.
NTWRK in the News
Forbes - America’s best startups to work for in 2022 and the “much-hyped e-tail platform that’s putting a rocket under retailtainment”
LinkedIn - NTWRK named one of the 50 best startups.
AdAge - Hottest Brands
Fast Company – “Brands that Matter”
Webby – 26th Annual Webby Winner in the Apps and Software Shopping category
Why We're Hiring
We are seeking an exceptional, detail-oriented and self-motivated Director of Finance and Accounting with excellent communication and critical thinking skills, who thrives working in a collaborative environment. This role will serve as an essential owner of the Accounting and Finance operations for the artist merchandising subsidiary of NTWRK. The Director of Finance and Accounting will work closely with the operations team on a daily basis on financial scenarios, Artist P&L’s and other reporting, as well as with the VP, Accounting on day-to-day accounting operations, strategic initiatives and special projects, and also supervising Accounting staff. The Accounting team collaborates with stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure the financial health of the company through accurate and timely reporting and ensuring payments to all parties arrive on time. In this critical role, you will join a group of strategic, detailed-oriented thinkers that thrive in a fast-paced environment while working cross-functionally to ensure the success of the company.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 8+ years of related accounting and/or financial analysis experience with demonstrated growth required; start-up or public accounting
- CPA required, strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience in merchandising or entertainment industry preferred
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving ability, with the ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure impeccable attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work with all levels in the organization
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask in fast paced and high-volume environment
- Must show accountability, take initiative, be a team player, and operate with a sense of urgency
- Comfortable in a changing environment and willingness to implement new processes
- Exposure to QuickBooks Online and Google Suite preferred
- High proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
- Experience supervising a small team
- Los Angeles, CA based
What You'll Do
- Overseeing the general ledger and take ownership for the entire month end, quarter end, and year end close procedures in compliance with US GAAP. This includes, but is not limited to, preparing and reviewing journal entries, creating and maintaining accounting schedules, performing and reviewing account reconciliations.
- Overseeing, and assisting with, the preparation of external Artist P&Ls and other settlements, ensuring accurate, complete and timely reporting
- Working with the Operations team to ensure accurate and complete reporting and tracking of projects and project costs
- Working with the Operations team and the Finance team to provide accurate and timely forecasts
- Working with the CEO to run financial scenarios for Artist deals
- Assisting with the external audit process, including preparation and/or review of deliverables and handling communication with external auditors.
- Complying with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings while remaining current on regulatory requirements, working with external firms.
- Developing and enforcing effective accounting policies and processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls, identifying and documenting gaps in current processes, recommending solutions, and carrying out best practices.
- Supervising and leading Senior Accountant and Accounting Assistant to ensure the smooth operations of financial processes. Identifying development and training needs as appropriate.
- Assisting with financial reporting as required for Management, Board meetings and other investor-related requests.
- Performing other related duties as necessary or assigned, including ad-hoc analysis and projects.
What We Offer
- Best in class health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term/long-term disability and life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Legal and Identity Theft Plans
- Vacation time and sick days
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some incumbents assigned to the job to perform a different combination of duties.
NTWRK participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.