Public Agency Operations Specialist (Contract)
Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 315,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
The Impact You’ll Make
As a contract Operations Specialist on Nextdoor’s Public Agency team, you’ll manage the vetting and onboarding process for new public agencies and associations seeking to use Nextdoor to support their local communications efforts. You’ll also manage all custom area mapping and geographies, including editing existing shapefiles or creating net-new shapefiles through QGIS software. You’ll be a key contributor to the team, and your work will ensure that local municipalities can increase trust and satisfaction with their neighbors through timely, locally relevant communication.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing applications to join Nextdoor’s Public Agency platform in accordance with company policies and eligibility criteria, using Salesforce to manage the end-to-end workflow
- Managing all custom geography requests, including the manipulation of existing shapefiles or the development of new shapefiles in QGIS software
- Identifying and escalating any strategic applications to the Agency Partnerships Leads
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- 2 years experience and proficiency in QGIS or ArcGIS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally, working familiarity with both Salesforce Service Cloud (case management) and Slack
This role is an hourly, contract role that averages 10-12 hours per week, with the potential to expand depending on business needs. Hourly rate is $30 - $50 dependent upon location and experience.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For information about our collection and use of applicants’ personal information, please see Nextdoor's Personnel Privacy Notice, found here.