Sales Lead - Mid-Market East
Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 315,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
Businesses that partner with Nextdoor come in all shapes and sizes and with different reasons to connect to a neighborhood, and rarely will one Nextdoor advertising solution work for all. Mid-Market advertisers are foundational to a successful multi-billion dollar advertising business and in recognition of that, we are investing into the Mid-Market with the launch of the Nextdoor ACCELERATE sales organization.
Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities will shape how advertisers succeed and grow on our platform. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Nextdoor's advertising clients, and understand how our range of product offerings can unlock growth for their business. Working with these clients, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach millions of neighbors. You will be integral to our evolving go-to-market and product development approach, regularly feeding customer insights into our planning process and putting your stamp on what we create.
At Nextdoor, we offer a warm and inclusive work environment that embraces a hybrid employment experience, providing a flexible experience for our valued employees.
The Impact You’ll Make
With growing Sales teams, it's important to have the right leaders to guide our teams to success. As Sales Lead for the Northeast, you will lead and coach salespeople that use consultative sales skills to understand our advertisers' needs and deliver measurable solutions. You will also work with the Sales Leadership team to set strategic objectives and run the day-to-day operations for the business. Additionally, you will help teams deliver on goals and partner directly with clients to exceed business and growth goals. You are an excellent communicator with an ability to train and motivate large teams, and you take an analytical approach to sales management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of Client Partners who will be focused on identifying new advertising clients and helping them achieve their marketing objectives on the Nextdoor advertising platform
- Drive and grow revenue with new advertising clients, leading your team to exceed established revenue targets
- Manage a high-performing team by recruiting and retaining top talent, while managing resources efficiently
- Actively coach, develop, and lead a team of 5-8 Client Partners
- Advise sales, marketing and product management regarding market opportunities, sales positioning, use of resources, and strategic planning
- Partner with Marketing to drive new product launches, marketing communications, and new advertiser acquisition
- Partner with Sales Ops to develop operating targets and improved processes, ensuring alignment with strategic plan
- Participate in in-person Nextdoor events, trainings, off-sites, volunteer days, and other team building exercises
- Build in-person relationships with team members and contribute to the KIND culture that Nextdoor values
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- 12+ years of experience in digital media sales with demonstrated experience in exceeding goals in a high growth environment
4+ years of experience in sales management
- Bring a deep empathy for customer needs and insights as well as an intuitive grasp of the business problems we’re trying to solve
- A deep understanding for fully managed and self-service activation models
- Experience with and passion for new business acquisition
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated career progression in prior roles
You Will Guide Your Team To:
- Develop integrated brand campaigns that clearly achieve advertiser objectives, while staying true to the Nextdoor brand and neighbor community
- Consistently meet or exceed revenue quotas
- Effectively manage client expectations and work with the Ad Solutions team to ensure successful campaign performance and client retention
- Provide thoughtful feedback to internal marketing, product and operations teams to drive business innovation
- Aggressively pursue new prospects and sales opportunities
- Build relationships with key decision-makers across complex marketer and agency partners
- Manage a robust pipeline and accurately forecast revenue outcomes
Compensation, benefits, perks, and recognition programs at Nextdoor come together to create one overall rewards package.
The starting salary for this role is expected to range from $171,000 - $250,000 on an annualized basis, or potentially greater in the event that your 'level' of proficiency exceeds the level expected for the role. Compensation may also vary by geography.
We also expect to award a meaningful equity grant for this role. With equal quarterly vesting, your first vest date would be within the first 3 months of your start date.
Overall, total compensation will vary depending on your relevant skills, experience, and qualifications.
We have you covered! Nextdoor employees can choose between a variety of great health plans. We cover 100% of your personal monthly premium for health, dental, and vision – and provide a OneMedical membership for concierge care.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For information about our collection and use of applicants’ personal information, please see Nextdoor's Personnel Privacy Notice, found here.