Business Systems Analyst - Workday
Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 305,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
As a Workday Business Systems Analyst at Nextdoor, you will be responsible for configuring, maintaining, and optimizing the Nextdoor’s Workday HCM and Finance Implementation. In this role, you’ll partner with business, cross-functional technical teams and other BSA’s to come up with processes and procedures to efficiently manage day to day operations.
At Nextdoor, we offer a warm and inclusive work environment that embraces a hybrid employment experience, providing a flexible experience for our valued employees.
The Impact You’ll Make
If you want the challenge of fast-paced growth, the satisfaction of seeing your work come to life, and the pride in helping scale business systems, this is the place for you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understand the current Workday landscape and eco-system at Nextdoor
- Collaborate with HR, finance, and other departments to understand their processes and needs
- Analyze existing business processes and identify opportunities for automation and improvement using Workday
- Test system changes, new features, and integrations to ensure they meet business requirements
- Provide support to end-users by troubleshooting issues and resolving system-related problems
- Participate in Workday system upgrades, patches, and enhancements
- Manage user security and permissions within the system
- Monitor and troubleshoot integration issues
- Support SOX Compliance Requirements
- Collaborate with onsite and offshore resources to deliver quality solutions
- Review Workday roadmap and releases to assess new features that can be leveraged by Nextdoor business
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of system configurations, processes, and changes
- Participate in in-person Nextdoor events, trainings, off-sites, volunteer days, and other team building exercises
- Build in-person relationships with team members and contribute to the KIND culture that Nextdoor values
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- 7+ years of domain experience in business applications implementation
- Previous experience with Workday HCM and Finance implementation and support
- Workday certification is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of HR and Finance processes
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficiency in Workday Report Writer and calculated fields
- Working knowledge of Data-related activities, including Data reconciliation and Analytics
- Experience with Workday Studio (integration tool) and Workday EIB (Enterprise Interface Builder)
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field
Compensation, benefits, perks, and recognition programs at Nextdoor come together to create one overall rewards package.
The starting salary for this role is expected to range from $115,000 to 177,000 on an annualized basis, or potentially greater in the event that your 'level' of proficiency exceeds the level expected for the role. Compensation may also vary by geography.
We also expect to award a meaningful equity grant for this role. With equal quarterly vesting, your first vest date would be within the first 3 months of your start date.
Overall, total compensation will vary depending on your relevant skills, experience, and qualifications.
We have you covered! Nextdoor employees can choose between a variety of great health plans. We cover 100% of your personal monthly premium for health, dental, and vision – and provide a OneMedical membership for concierge care.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For information about our collection and use of applicants’ personal information, please see Nextdoor's Personnel Privacy Notice, found here.