Sr. Design Manager - Neighborhood Monetization
Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 305,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
As the Design Lead on the Neighborhood Monetization pillar, you’ll be a part of pillar leadership and manage a small team of designers focused on ensuring that Nextdoor drives incredible outcomes for our customers. You will be responsible for all design aspects, from Ad Creation and Management, Reporting, Analytics, and Ad formats across all of Nextdoor. You’re as excited to shape the strategy and the design vision as you are leaning in to dial-in the details to do what it takes to ship a quality product.
You’re mission-oriented, deeply human-centered, and passionate about creating digital experiences that bring people closer in real life. You’re fascinated by neighborhood dynamics and human behavior and excited to design tools that empower neighbors to build stronger communities and transform how customers can reach engage and convert their neighbors in the local area. You’re ever-curious and let new insights change your mind and inspire new solutions. In this role, you’ll help define what the Neighborhood Monetization team takes on and guide your team toward building product experiences that enable people to build neighborhood relationships. You’ll work cross-functionally and across multiple platforms to shape the future of the Nextdoor product as we continue to grow.
At Nextdoor, we offer a warm and inclusive work environment that embraces a hybrid employment experience, providing a flexible experience for our valued employees.
The Impact You’ll Make
If you want the challenge of fast-paced growth, the satisfaction of seeing your design work come to life, and the pride in helping grow a world-class design team, this is the place for you. Please include a link to your portfolio in addition to your resume and cover letter.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You’ll partner with senior product management and engineering to shape the strategy for the Neighborhood Monetization pillar, while also leading a team of designers in articulating and implementing the vision
- You’ll envision, design, and ship delightful, user-centered, cross-platform experiences that build the fabric of local communities around the globe
- You’ll be involved in all aspects of the product development for a major product area; from strategy, research, prototyping, concept to interaction design, to final QA and code tweaks right before launch
- You’ll lead cross-functional brainstorms, discussions, design reviews and inspiring design team activities
- You’ll guide a small team of designers, helping them grow in their craft and career
- Participate in in-person Nextdoor events, trainings, off-sites, volunteer days, and other team building exercises
- Build in-person relationships with team members and contribute to the KIND culture that Nextdoor values
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- 10+ years demonstrated experience shipping great mobile products in an agile environment
- You’re a proven leader across the product development cycle: from strategy and research to synthesis and ideation; from going wide to explore many divergent concepts to focusing and honing in on the pixel-level details; from roadmapping to front-end development and implementation
- A supportive approach to leadership and growing designers’ careers
- A strong visual design sense and typographic skills, and the ability to design within, and help define, visual guidelines
- Excitement about and expertise in creating rich interactive prototypes with Framer, Origami, or Principle
- You’re deeply curious about how to empower neighbors to strengthen their communities, and about what makes neighborhoods tick around the globe as we expand our footprint
Compensation, benefits, perks, and recognition programs at Nextdoor come together to create one overall rewards package.
The starting salary for this role is expected to range from $140,000 to $230,000 on an annualized basis, or potentially greater in the event that your 'level' of proficiency exceeds the level expected for the role. Compensation may also vary by geography.
We also expect to award a meaningful equity grant for this role. With equal quarterly vesting, your first vest date would be within the first 3 months of your start date.
Overall, total compensation will vary depending on your relevant skills, experience, and qualifications. We have you covered! Nextdoor employees can choose between a variety of great health plans. We cover 100% of your personal monthly premium for health, dental, and vision – and provide a OneMedical membership for concierge care.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For information about our collection and use of applicants’ personal information, please see Nextdoor's Personnel Privacy Notice, found here.